Royston Bowls Club’s first female president
BOWLS EUNICE Dockree has become Royston Bowls Club s first female president. She takes over from outgoing president Colin Wilson. Colin raised £1,880 for his chosen charity The British Heart Foundation, and Eunice will be hoping to raise a similar fig
EUNICE Dockree has become Royston Bowls Club's first female president.
She takes over from outgoing president Colin Wilson.
Colin raised £1,880 for his chosen charity The British Heart Foundation, and Eunice will be hoping to raise a similar figure for the Milton Children's Hospice.
Colin said he was confident that Eunice would receive valued support from all members of the club.
Eunice's election is the latest in a line of historic moments for the club.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 3 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 4 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 7 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 8 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
In 2006 Don Sheriff became the last president to be in office with an all- male committee.
And last year, the first season that the club was a fully integrated one, Colin became the first male president to be in office with a mixed committee.