Royston Bowls Club’s first female president
BOWLS EUNICE Dockree has become Royston Bowls Club s first female president. She takes over from outgoing president Colin Wilson. Colin raised £1,880 for his chosen charity The British Heart Foundation, and Eunice will be hoping to raise a similar fig
EUNICE Dockree has become Royston Bowls Club's first female president.
She takes over from outgoing president Colin Wilson.
Colin raised £1,880 for his chosen charity The British Heart Foundation, and Eunice will be hoping to raise a similar figure for the Milton Children's Hospice.
You may also want to watch:
Colin said he was confident that Eunice would receive valued support from all members of the club.
Eunice's election is the latest in a line of historic moments for the club.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
In 2006 Don Sheriff became the last president to be in office with an all- male committee.
And last year, the first season that the club was a fully integrated one, Colin became the first male president to be in office with a mixed committee.