Royston Bowls Club’s first female president
BOWLS EUNICE Dockree has become Royston Bowls Club s first female president. She takes over from outgoing president Colin Wilson. Colin raised £1,880 for his chosen charity The British Heart Foundation, and Eunice will be hoping to raise a similar fig
EUNICE Dockree has become Royston Bowls Club's first female president.
She takes over from outgoing president Colin Wilson.
Colin raised £1,880 for his chosen charity The British Heart Foundation, and Eunice will be hoping to raise a similar figure for the Milton Children's Hospice.
Colin said he was confident that Eunice would receive valued support from all members of the club.
Eunice's election is the latest in a line of historic moments for the club.
- 1 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 2 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 3 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 4 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 5 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 6 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 9 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 10 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
In 2006 Don Sheriff became the last president to be in office with an all- male committee.
And last year, the first season that the club was a fully integrated one, Colin became the first male president to be in office with a mixed committee.