Royston Bowls Club’s first female president
BOWLS EUNICE Dockree has become Royston Bowls Club s first female president. She takes over from outgoing president Colin Wilson. Colin raised £1,880 for his chosen charity The British Heart Foundation, and Eunice will be hoping to raise a similar fig
EUNICE Dockree has become Royston Bowls Club's first female president.
She takes over from outgoing president Colin Wilson.
Colin raised £1,880 for his chosen charity The British Heart Foundation, and Eunice will be hoping to raise a similar figure for the Milton Children's Hospice.
You may also want to watch:
Colin said he was confident that Eunice would receive valued support from all members of the club.
Eunice's election is the latest in a line of historic moments for the club.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
In 2006 Don Sheriff became the last president to be in office with an all- male committee.
And last year, the first season that the club was a fully integrated one, Colin became the first male president to be in office with a mixed committee.