Royston Bowls Club round-up
A TEAM of four Royston ladies met a ladies team from Riverain BC recently in the Ladies County Fours.
It was a pleasing win for Royston as Beryl Huckle, Yvonne Whitehouse, Linda O’Flanagan, and skip Shirley Pawson triumphed 28-11.
In the L&D Men’s Pairs, Royston’s Will Martin and Peter Fisk were up against a strong pair from the Hitchin Town BC and managed a narrow 20-19 win.
Royston’s Mike Randall just lost out to Baldock’s Terry Saunders 21-19 in the County Singles played at Royston while Simon Lee comfortably won 21-3 while Peter Adams beat St Ippolyts’ Peter Bolton 21-6 in a County Singles match.
Royston were away to the Whitethorn B.C. to play a game against the ICL Life Members and scored wins in all rinks despite a scare from Don Ward, Stan Whitehouse and skip Eileen Hyde in rink two when they let a 13-2 lead slip but it mattered little as Royston won 92-59 in the end.
You may also want to watch:
In the Inter-Club Team Championship, Royston were away to Holwell and the match turned out to be extremely tight.
The Royston four on rink four, skipped by Mick O’Flanagan, just lost by two shots. A similar situation on rink three saw the Peter Adams team lose by just four shots. It was the Royston team on rink two, skipped by Matt Coppen, which produced a win of nine shots, just enough to ease Royston over the line by a mere three shots to claim a hard-fought victory.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
On Saturday Royston sent a squad of six rinks to Datchworth to play a mixed friendly.
This was an unusual game as there were three rinks which were drawn. However, Royston did win on the other three rinks, which enabled them to claim a satisfying 115-96 victory..