Royston Bowls Club offering “Come and Try” sessions
- Credit: Archant
Royston Bowls Club are hosting a “Come and Try” open day this Saturday (July 4) from 10am-4pm.
Coaching sessions will be available for any budding players. Bowls will be supplied. The only requirement is flat-soled shoes.
For further information contact Stan Whitehouse on 01763 245534 or just turn up on the day.
In club action, Glenn Williams beat Brian Todd 21-13 in the Champion of Champions and then backed up that result with a win over Riverain’s Jamie Claydon in the Mixed 4’s 21-16 at the National Games.
In the Senior Pairs, Laurie Ramsay beat Mike Parsons 19-16.
Royston won 39-27 against Sandy Conservatives in the Two Fours.
In the County Unbadged Singles, Maureen Gisby beat Devon Cooper of Baldock 21-12.
- 1 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 2 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
- 3 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 4 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 7 Sex offender Macaulay Brown jailed for over 11 years
- 8 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
- 10 Dallas legend Patrick Duffy set for mystery thriller coming to Cambridge stage
There was also a 3-1 victory for Royston against North Herts in the Cairns Cup. Three Horseshoes will provide their opponents in the next round.
Royston handed a 104-33 mauling to Buntingford in the Veterans.
Skips Pat Smith (31-8), Margaret Ward (20-8), Derek Smith (26-11) and Don Sheriff (27-6) all won with high scores.
Royston finished the week with a 18 shot friendly loss to North Mymms.