Royston Bowls Club offering “Come and Try” sessions
- Credit: Archant
Royston Bowls Club are hosting a “Come and Try” open day this Saturday (July 4) from 10am-4pm.
Coaching sessions will be available for any budding players. Bowls will be supplied. The only requirement is flat-soled shoes.
For further information contact Stan Whitehouse on 01763 245534 or just turn up on the day.
In club action, Glenn Williams beat Brian Todd 21-13 in the Champion of Champions and then backed up that result with a win over Riverain’s Jamie Claydon in the Mixed 4’s 21-16 at the National Games.
In the Senior Pairs, Laurie Ramsay beat Mike Parsons 19-16.
You may also want to watch:
Royston won 39-27 against Sandy Conservatives in the Two Fours.
In the County Unbadged Singles, Maureen Gisby beat Devon Cooper of Baldock 21-12.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 9 Citizens Advice North Herts reopens Royston office
- 10 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
There was also a 3-1 victory for Royston against North Herts in the Cairns Cup. Three Horseshoes will provide their opponents in the next round.
Royston handed a 104-33 mauling to Buntingford in the Veterans.
Skips Pat Smith (31-8), Margaret Ward (20-8), Derek Smith (26-11) and Don Sheriff (27-6) all won with high scores.
Royston finished the week with a 18 shot friendly loss to North Mymms.