Royston Bowls Club into national semi-finals
- Credit: Archant
In the national quarter finals held at Royston, the Royston team, Glenn Williams, Matt Coppen Stuart Cook and Stewart Brown beat Buntingford 23-12.
In the national 2x4’s skip Stuart Cook won 24-9 while Skip Stewart Brown won 25-11.
The Top 10 Men playing away to Potters Bar were on winning form. In the singles Glenn Williams lost a close match 21-18, while the fours, Mick O’Flanagan Steve and Craig Kilford Skipped by Will Martin lost 23-22 on the last end. But the Pairs Laurie Ramsay and Stuart Cook won 23-12 as did the Triples, Matt Coppen, Keith Dockree and Stewart Brown 22-14 giving Royston an overall win on shots. In the 2 Rink Men away to Howard garden Skip Will Martin won 32-20 while Peter Fisk won 25-12.
In the Over 60’s Double Rink Tony Allcock Trophy away to St Ippolyts Skip Don Sheriff lost 16-19 shots in a close finish while Skip Eileen Hyde won substantially 21-12. Overall Royston won on shot difference 37-31. At home a Spoon drive for the Life Boat Charity made £60, the winner with 28 points being Barbara Smith.
In the NHWBA at home against Riverain, Royston had two substantial wins. Skip Linda O’Flanagan led Gillian Fisk and Eileen Hyde to victory 20-14 while Skip Yvonne Whitehouse with Heather Stapleford and Maureen Gisby won 25-16.
You may also want to watch:
The annually Golden Horse trophy match against visitors from Northampton produced an upset for Royston who lost for the first time in several years, 91 to 83 shots for the opposition. The Vets won their game against Baldock 99-81 shots and against Riverain 82-75.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims