Royston boss bemoans league fixture arrangements
ROYSTON Town manager Paul Attfield has voiced his disappointment that his team have to wait until next Tuesday for their next first team game. Royston were originally pencilled in to play Cranfield United this Saturday, but after that game was brought for
ROYSTON Town manager Paul Attfield has voiced his disappointment that his team have to wait until next Tuesday for their next first team game.
Royston were originally pencilled in to play Cranfield United this Saturday, but after that game was brought forward to Tuesday this week because of Cranfield cup tie, the game was then postponed meaning Royston have not played a game since January 31 when they won 6-1 away to Sporting London e Benfica.
With Royston having to already make up three games on their nearest rivals Kings Langley, plus more games to come in four cup competitions, the Crows' fixture list is looking more and more congested as they push for promotion.
Attfield said: ""I'm very disappointed that we haven't got a game on this Saturday, especially with all the games we have left to play this season.
You may also want to watch:
"It's important to get these games in hand played and the fact that we have a whole week without a game is not great for us. We don't know whether the weather will hold up in future, so it's important to play when we have free days.
"I'm going to try to arrange an away friendly for this Saturday and I've put an advert on a non-league looking for a team to play.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
"The reserves have got a home game this weekend though and it might be that we have to put a few players out in that game but I would have preferred it if we had had a first team game on instead.