Royston BMX round-up
The second round of the East Anglia BMX 2010 Summer Series was at the picturesque track of the Codham Park BMX Club last Sunday. Royston had three female riders taking the part with the youngest, Ella Tomsett, taking second in the Girls 7-8 class and in
The second round of the East Anglia BMX 2010 Summer Series was at the picturesque track of the Codham Park BMX Club last Sunday.
Royston had three female riders taking the part with the youngest, Ella Tomsett, taking second in the Girls 7-8 class and in the 11-12 category, Faye Godfrey also took second in her first visit to the venue. Another second-placed finish went to Helen Nicholl in the Ladies Cruiser 25+ class.
The male riders also came away with good results with Louis Foreman leading the points chase finishing fifth in the 8-year class and the 9-year-class final was packed with Rockets with Ted Dalleywater in third just heading home team mate James King in fourth and Marmaduke Birt in eighth.
The 10yr male class saw two more good results for the Rockets with Myles Fisher finishing in second to earn a Rider of the Day award, having been chased all the way by Daniel Blanche in third.
You may also want to watch:
The 11-year class saw Ethan Vernon take the win ahead of Aaron Dalleywater in second while the 12-year class saw Matthew Harris finish in fifth.
The 15-year class saw another of Royston's new members, Jordan Godfrey, take fourth and in the 16-year category, Andrew Brooker finished second while in the 17-24 class A final, Richard Townsend took fifth.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Adam Richards took second in the 30+ Masters class A final with team mate Alex Shore-Nye taking second in the B final. Royston's two oldest riders both won their classes with Darren Foreman competing in the 40+ Vets class and Carl Birt in the Cruiser 45+ category.