THE first round of the East Anglia BMX 2010 Summer Series was hosted by the Braintree BMX Club last Sunday at their rebuilt track. The racing was fast and competitive and Royston s younger riders started the clubs chase for points in the seven-year-old C
THE first round of the East Anglia BMX 2010 Summer Series was hosted by the Braintree BMX Club last Sunday at their rebuilt track.
The racing was fast and competitive and Royston's younger riders started the clubs chase for points in the seven-year-old Class with Will Frascoe taking seventh and James King took second in the nine-year-old Class while in the 'B' final Marmaduke Birt also claimed second.
The 10-year-old male Class saw two more good results for the Rockets with Daniel Blanche taking the win having been chased all the way by Myles Fisher who finished second. Ethan Vernon took the win in the 11-year-old Class ahead of Aaron Dalleywater in second.
The 14-year-old Class was won by James Handleigh who was awarded Rider-of-the-Day by the judges.
You may also want to watch:
The 17-24 Class saw Richard Townsend take seventh in the Class 'A' final and in the 30+ 'Masters' Class, British Champion Lee Alexander took the win with Adam Richards in third and Darren Foreman taking seventh while Carl Birt finished in 6th place in the Cruiser 40+ category.
n Full details of forthcoming club and regional events are published on the club web site at www.roystonrockets.co.uk, or ring 01763 260959 for more information on BMX racing.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire