Royston beat Old Verulamians
An eight point away victory over Old Verulamians ensured Royston continued their winning start to 2014.
Royston did not get off to the best of starts however, conceding two tries in the opening 10 minutes of the game. Both were unconverted.
Shocked and slightly hurting Royston began to claw their way back into the game.
Just before the end of the first half they were able to kick a penalty through the boot of Michael Schurch.
Royston came flying out of the blocks in the second half with Old Verulamians struggling to cope with Royston’s class and aggression.
You may also want to watch:
This was demonstrated when a good scrum led to an eight pick from Billy Richardson who passed to Adam Smith to kick down the line for Ben Ritsema to latch onto the ball and slide over the line.
The conversion was unsuccessful.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
Royston did not let up and soon scored a second try through Billy Richardson.
Hard running and quick hands led to Richardson taking the ball and crashing through three opponents before touching down under the posts.
The conversion was successful from Schurch.
Royston then put the game out of reach with a late penalty from Schurch to maintain their super start to 2014.