Royston beat Old Verulamians
An eight point away victory over Old Verulamians ensured Royston continued their winning start to 2014.
Royston did not get off to the best of starts however, conceding two tries in the opening 10 minutes of the game. Both were unconverted.
Shocked and slightly hurting Royston began to claw their way back into the game.
Just before the end of the first half they were able to kick a penalty through the boot of Michael Schurch.
Royston came flying out of the blocks in the second half with Old Verulamians struggling to cope with Royston’s class and aggression.
This was demonstrated when a good scrum led to an eight pick from Billy Richardson who passed to Adam Smith to kick down the line for Ben Ritsema to latch onto the ball and slide over the line.
The conversion was unsuccessful.
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
Royston did not let up and soon scored a second try through Billy Richardson.
Hard running and quick hands led to Richardson taking the ball and crashing through three opponents before touching down under the posts.
The conversion was successful from Schurch.
Royston then put the game out of reach with a late penalty from Schurch to maintain their super start to 2014.