Royston bag triples semis place
Royston progressed to the semi-finals of the L&D triples with a 21-14 win over Howard Garden. The match was evenly contested in the early stages, but in the second half a strong performance from Royston trio Len Payne, Mick O Flanagan, and Peter Adams saw
Royston progressed to the semi-finals of the L&D triples with a 21-14 win over Howard Garden.
The match was evenly contested in the early stages, but in the second half a strong performance from Royston trio Len Payne, Mick O'Flanagan, and Peter Adams saw them run out clear winners.
There was also success for Matt Coppen and Peter Adams, who romped to victory in the L&D pairs Quarter Final against Baldock.
Up against the pairing of Gentle and Jimmy McIntyre, Coppen and Adams dominated throughout, and wrapped up the game with ten shots over the last six ends. The final score was 19-9.
In the Meldreth & District League, Royston beat Gamlingay 51-44, gaining six points in the process. Although two of the rinks cancelled each other out, with the scores being 19-6 and 6-19 respectively, Royston eased to victory on the other two.
Last weekend Royston held their annual open pairs competition. As ever this was very competitive, with 24 pairs of bowlers taking part from several clubs.
- 1 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 2 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 3 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 4 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 5 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 6 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 7 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 8 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 9 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 10 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
The winners were Royston husband and wife team Keith and Eunice Dockree, who beat Edith Dungy and Gerry Boaks from Whitehorn Bowls Club in the final. Royston's Simon Lee and Peter Adams came third.
A total of £45 was raised for the president's charity, the British Heart Foundation.
Foxton Afternoon League
Meldreth 36 (1pt)
Duxford 52 (4pts)
(Meldreth names first) Rink One: D Lambert, M Chapman, G Gunton 13; Richard 9. Rink Two: K Pryke, D Peacock, D Brunsdon 12; Gerry 16. Rink Three: H Spraggett, R Small, S Chapman 11; Martin 27.
Ladies County Triples League
Meldreth 23 (1pt)
Queen Edith 25 (4pts)
(Meldreth names first) Rink One: D Chapman, E Hardman, B Brooks 10; A Sadler 14. Rink Two: S Lambert, R Small, M Singleton 13; B Banns 11.