Royston bag triples semis place
Royston progressed to the semi-finals of the L&D triples with a 21-14 win over Howard Garden. The match was evenly contested in the early stages, but in the second half a strong performance from Royston trio Len Payne, Mick O Flanagan, and Peter Adams saw
Royston progressed to the semi-finals of the L&D triples with a 21-14 win over Howard Garden.
The match was evenly contested in the early stages, but in the second half a strong performance from Royston trio Len Payne, Mick O'Flanagan, and Peter Adams saw them run out clear winners.
There was also success for Matt Coppen and Peter Adams, who romped to victory in the L&D pairs Quarter Final against Baldock.
Up against the pairing of Gentle and Jimmy McIntyre, Coppen and Adams dominated throughout, and wrapped up the game with ten shots over the last six ends. The final score was 19-9.
You may also want to watch:
In the Meldreth & District League, Royston beat Gamlingay 51-44, gaining six points in the process. Although two of the rinks cancelled each other out, with the scores being 19-6 and 6-19 respectively, Royston eased to victory on the other two.
Last weekend Royston held their annual open pairs competition. As ever this was very competitive, with 24 pairs of bowlers taking part from several clubs.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
The winners were Royston husband and wife team Keith and Eunice Dockree, who beat Edith Dungy and Gerry Boaks from Whitehorn Bowls Club in the final. Royston's Simon Lee and Peter Adams came third.
A total of £45 was raised for the president's charity, the British Heart Foundation.
Foxton Afternoon League
Meldreth 36 (1pt)
Duxford 52 (4pts)
(Meldreth names first) Rink One: D Lambert, M Chapman, G Gunton 13; Richard 9. Rink Two: K Pryke, D Peacock, D Brunsdon 12; Gerry 16. Rink Three: H Spraggett, R Small, S Chapman 11; Martin 27.
Ladies County Triples League
Meldreth 23 (1pt)
Queen Edith 25 (4pts)
(Meldreth names first) Rink One: D Chapman, E Hardman, B Brooks 10; A Sadler 14. Rink Two: S Lambert, R Small, M Singleton 13; B Banns 11.