Royston Golf Club appoint new captain
- Credit: Archant
Royston Golf Club appointed a new ladies’ captain at their annual general meeting last week.
Sandy Griffin was selected as skipper last Thursday, taking over from Kim Bradfield.
Outgoing captain Bradfield reported on the club's many achievements over the year and thanked the staff, including professional Luke Bailey, the greens team, the bar and catering team and the office and management team for all their help and support during her term of office.
She also thanked the ladies section for their committment and friendliness.
Bradfield then welcomed Griffin into her new role by presenting her with the Silver Chain of Office.
You may also want to watch:
She added that she felt sure Griffin would come to love being the ladies' captain as she had during her year-long term.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event