Royston Golf Club appoint new captain
- Credit: Archant
Royston Golf Club appointed a new ladies’ captain at their annual general meeting last week.
Sandy Griffin was selected as skipper last Thursday, taking over from Kim Bradfield.
Outgoing captain Bradfield reported on the club's many achievements over the year and thanked the staff, including professional Luke Bailey, the greens team, the bar and catering team and the office and management team for all their help and support during her term of office.
She also thanked the ladies section for their committment and friendliness.
Bradfield then welcomed Griffin into her new role by presenting her with the Silver Chain of Office.
You may also want to watch:
She added that she felt sure Griffin would come to love being the ladies' captain as she had during her year-long term.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks