Royston Golf Club appoint new captain
- Credit: Archant
Royston Golf Club appointed a new ladies’ captain at their annual general meeting last week.
Sandy Griffin was selected as skipper last Thursday, taking over from Kim Bradfield.
Outgoing captain Bradfield reported on the club's many achievements over the year and thanked the staff, including professional Luke Bailey, the greens team, the bar and catering team and the office and management team for all their help and support during her term of office.
She also thanked the ladies section for their committment and friendliness.
Bradfield then welcomed Griffin into her new role by presenting her with the Silver Chain of Office.
She added that she felt sure Griffin would come to love being the ladies' captain as she had during her year-long term.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 8 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 9 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told