Royston Angling Club round-up
THE first match of the new Evening League season took place at Thriplow Reservoir on Friday, June 18 and resulted in a fine win for Andrea Wright whose 20lbs 2oz haul included two 7lbs carp.
Kelvin Stanford was second with a silver fish catch of 9lbs 2oz while Ric Arber was third with a catch of 8lbs 10z.
The first President’s Cup match of the new season took place at the same venue on Sunday, June 20 and was fished in conjunction with Rugby Cement AC and Eternit AC.
Chris Monk won with 16lbs 3oz with second place going to Jackie Pearce with 14lbs 14oz.
Keith Poole of both Rugby Cement and Eternit Angling Clubs was third with a bag of 12lbs 2oz.
You may also want to watch:
New member, Ben Solano, finished last season on a high with a 17.5lbs carp and a week later he started the new season with another carp of 14lbs 2oz.
The next match at Thriplow Reservoir will be on the evening of Friday, July 2. Anyone wishing to fish should ring Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?