Royston Angling Club round-up
THE first match of the new Evening League season took place at Thriplow Reservoir on Friday, June 18 and resulted in a fine win for Andrea Wright whose 20lbs 2oz haul included two 7lbs carp.
Kelvin Stanford was second with a silver fish catch of 9lbs 2oz while Ric Arber was third with a catch of 8lbs 10z.
The first President’s Cup match of the new season took place at the same venue on Sunday, June 20 and was fished in conjunction with Rugby Cement AC and Eternit AC.
Chris Monk won with 16lbs 3oz with second place going to Jackie Pearce with 14lbs 14oz.
Keith Poole of both Rugby Cement and Eternit Angling Clubs was third with a bag of 12lbs 2oz.
You may also want to watch:
New member, Ben Solano, finished last season on a high with a 17.5lbs carp and a week later he started the new season with another carp of 14lbs 2oz.
The next match at Thriplow Reservoir will be on the evening of Friday, July 2. Anyone wishing to fish should ring Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme