Royston against Rugby match abandoned
- Credit: Archant
ROYSTON Town’s crunch clash with fellow Evo-Stik League Southern Division One Central promotion chasers Rugby Town ended prematurely on Saturday with the game abandoned midway through the second half.
The match at Garden Walk was called off after visiting captain Robbie Banks suffered a broken leg, play was initially suspended for half-an-hour and then abandoned.
At that stage The Crows were trailing 1-0 after David Kolodynski’s goal, the hosts had also been reduced to 10 men following Jason Beck’s first half sending-off.
It is not the first time this season a game between the two has been abandoned.
In November the league encounter at Rugby’s Butlin Road ground was halted early after floodlight failure with Royston winning 1-0 with 20 minutes to go.
You may also want to watch:
That re-arranged fixture saw The Crows lose 2-1.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims