Royston 31-15 Bank of England: Crows’ stock rises after resounding triumph
- Credit: Archant
Royston Rugby Club beat Bank of England 31-15 on the heath at the weekend,
On Saturday the men’s 1st team maintained their winning streak by triumphing against their visitors.
The Crows now sit second in Herts/Middlesex 1 on 53 points, three clear of the Bank of England and 12 ahead of fourth-placed Barnet Elizabethans.
London Welsh head the table on 64 points, nine in front of the Crows.
Royston raced into a 7-0 lead before edging 14-10 ahead at the break.
You may also want to watch:
They extended the score to 19-10 before their rivals pulled back five points, However two more tries with one coverted saw them clinch the win in a physical match in front of an enthusiastic crowd on the heath.
A club spokesman praised the team saying: “Well done lads you have done the club proud.”
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony