Royston 31-15 Bank of England: Crows’ stock rises after resounding triumph
- Credit: Archant
Royston Rugby Club beat Bank of England 31-15 on the heath at the weekend,
On Saturday the men’s 1st team maintained their winning streak by triumphing against their visitors.
The Crows now sit second in Herts/Middlesex 1 on 53 points, three clear of the Bank of England and 12 ahead of fourth-placed Barnet Elizabethans.
London Welsh head the table on 64 points, nine in front of the Crows.
Royston raced into a 7-0 lead before edging 14-10 ahead at the break.
You may also want to watch:
They extended the score to 19-10 before their rivals pulled back five points, However two more tries with one coverted saw them clinch the win in a physical match in front of an enthusiastic crowd on the heath.
A club spokesman praised the team saying: “Well done lads you have done the club proud.”
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 3 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 6 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 7 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 8 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 9 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 10 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing