Royston 1-4 Hereford: Crows slip to defeat in front of bumper crowd
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town lost at home to Hereford FC in front of a large crowd in the Evostik Southern Premier League at the weekend.
A hat-trick from the prolific John Mills at Garden Walk saw the visitors come from behind to beat The Crows on Saturday.
The home side started promisingly after an Adam Marriott header from Gus Scott-Morriss’ dead ball put Steve Castle’s side 1-0 ahead on six minutes.
However Hereford soon drew level through a Mills free-kick ten minutes later that beat the Royston wall to make it 1-1.
The battle of two promoted champions from last term saw the sides head into the interval level but Mills grabbed a second ten minutes after the restart.
He then notched his treble shortly afterwards to make it 3-1.
The Crows lost Lee Chappell on 80 minutes through injury after they had used up their substitutes – as Hereford made the difference count with a minute remaining through a Pablo Haysham strike in front of an impressive total of 512 supporters.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 6 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 7 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Little Seedlings workshops to teach budding gardeners this summer
- 10 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
The result saw Hereford move up to eight with the Crows in 13th place.
Welch, Scott-Morriss, Chappell, Bridges, Scott (c), Murray (Castiglione 64), Brathwaite, Asafu-Adjaye, Corcoran (Oyinsan 45), Potton, Powell (Ingrey 45), Marriott