Royston 1-4 Hereford: Crows slip to defeat in front of bumper crowd
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town lost at home to Hereford FC in front of a large crowd in the Evostik Southern Premier League at the weekend.
A hat-trick from the prolific John Mills at Garden Walk saw the visitors come from behind to beat The Crows on Saturday.
The home side started promisingly after an Adam Marriott header from Gus Scott-Morriss’ dead ball put Steve Castle’s side 1-0 ahead on six minutes.
However Hereford soon drew level through a Mills free-kick ten minutes later that beat the Royston wall to make it 1-1.
The battle of two promoted champions from last term saw the sides head into the interval level but Mills grabbed a second ten minutes after the restart.
You may also want to watch:
He then notched his treble shortly afterwards to make it 3-1.
The Crows lost Lee Chappell on 80 minutes through injury after they had used up their substitutes – as Hereford made the difference count with a minute remaining through a Pablo Haysham strike in front of an impressive total of 512 supporters.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
The result saw Hereford move up to eight with the Crows in 13th place.
Welch, Scott-Morriss, Chappell, Bridges, Scott (c), Murray (Castiglione 64), Brathwaite, Asafu-Adjaye, Corcoran (Oyinsan 45), Potton, Powell (Ingrey 45), Marriott