Royston 1-4 Hereford: Crows slip to defeat in front of bumper crowd
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town lost at home to Hereford FC in front of a large crowd in the Evostik Southern Premier League at the weekend.
A hat-trick from the prolific John Mills at Garden Walk saw the visitors come from behind to beat The Crows on Saturday.
The home side started promisingly after an Adam Marriott header from Gus Scott-Morriss’ dead ball put Steve Castle’s side 1-0 ahead on six minutes.
However Hereford soon drew level through a Mills free-kick ten minutes later that beat the Royston wall to make it 1-1.
The battle of two promoted champions from last term saw the sides head into the interval level but Mills grabbed a second ten minutes after the restart.
You may also want to watch:
He then notched his treble shortly afterwards to make it 3-1.
The Crows lost Lee Chappell on 80 minutes through injury after they had used up their substitutes – as Hereford made the difference count with a minute remaining through a Pablo Haysham strike in front of an impressive total of 512 supporters.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
The result saw Hereford move up to eight with the Crows in 13th place.
Welch, Scott-Morriss, Chappell, Bridges, Scott (c), Murray (Castiglione 64), Brathwaite, Asafu-Adjaye, Corcoran (Oyinsan 45), Potton, Powell (Ingrey 45), Marriott