Rovers run riot against the Reds
Bishop s Stortford Rovers 4 Biggleswade United Youth Reds 0 Under-12s Division Four AFTER the disappointment of a cup exit the previous week Bishop s Stortford Rovers sprang out of the starting blocks with a determined attitude. Early pressure paid off wi
Bishop's Stortford Rovers 4 Biggleswade United Youth Reds 0
Under-12s Division Four
AFTER the disappointment of a cup exit the previous week Bishop's Stortford Rovers sprang out of the starting blocks with a determined attitude.
Early pressure paid off with George Wagstaff scoring after a good build up between himself and Jack Kelly while man-of-the-match Sam Kolarik seemed to be at the heart of most other Rovers attacks as he muscled his way in to possession.
You may also want to watch:
Kolarik's ragged determination was rewarded with a superb left foot volley that beat the Reds 'keeper to make it 2-0 while the half was rounded off with another good spell of attacking play as Kelly put away a rebound - his side's third - from his own saved shot.
Rovers continued to attack in the second half but were often denied by the visitors' defence, that was until Will Hogan spotted an opportunity, turned outside the box and lobbed the ball over the 'keeper and into the top right hand side of the goal.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place