Rooney keeps on scoring
Royston 34 Bassetts 33 ROYSTON went out to do battle with old rivals Bassetts on Sunday morning, and it was a bit of a humdinger. In the first quarter Royston started at a steady pace with the centre court of Karen Hume, Hannah White and Tracy Durrant hol
Royston 34 Bassetts 33
ROYSTON went out to do battle with old rivals Bassetts on Sunday morning, and it was a bit of a humdinger.
In the first quarter Royston started at a steady pace with the centre court of Karen Hume, Hannah White and Tracy Durrant holding their nerve ensuring each centre pass got out.
There was some terrific shooting and movement from Regan Rooney as Royston were slightly in front at the break.
You may also want to watch:
In the second quarter Bassetts regrouped and battled back, but in the third the Royston defence of Anna Pinner and Emma Winser made it hard for their opponents, with Winser not only intercepting balls in the defending circle but in the centre court too.
The superb work from Winser and Rooney saw Royston turn around the play to their advantage.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
Tracy Stimson came on for Hume in the fourth quarter and Royston had to keep it together.
Rooney and Claire Target popped in the goals while the defence stayed strong and it was a fight to the end, a fight Royston won.
Royston: Karen Hume, Tracy Durrant, Tracy Stimson, Emma Winser, ClaireTarget, Anna Pinner, Hannah White, Regan Rooney.
Royston's mixed team beat Asco 30-21 in the Wormley league on Monday.