Rogers and Walker win the fourball
TWO pairs blew the field apart at Royston Golf Club on Sunday. With the course in excellent condition and weather to match, it was late starters Steve Rogers and Mial Walker who won the fourball betterball competition on countback with 46 points. Their ba
TWO pairs blew the field apart at Royston Golf Club on Sunday.
With the course in excellent condition and weather to match, it was late starters Steve Rogers and Mial Walker who won the fourball betterball competition on countback with 46 points.
Their back nine finished with three straight birdies for 24 points, edging out Jason Nolan and Stuart Hunt.
Third place was also decided on countback with Gary Fortune and Alex Bridges pipping Colin Saban and Darren Dawson. Both pairs scored 41 points.
You may also want to watch:
Colin Conner won his first Saturday Stableford with 37 points. With a mediocre first nine of only 13 points, he stormed home to beat former Junior Captain, Matthew Barrett on countback.
Third place went to the ever consistent Graham Richardson with 36. Chris Offer and Mick Freeman finished just out of the spoils with 35.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Jim Hopkins was the toast of the Midweek Golfers when the 11 handicapper won the Medal with a nett 71.
Senior captain Keith Wood finished second and John Fyson third.
Once again the countback rule was required to split the top three.
Libby Toby returned to form when winning the Ladies Medal on Thursday.
Some steady golf in tricky conditions paved the way for a one stroke victory over Jane Millership. Mary Wilson finished third.
The ladies' Saturday Medal was won by Karen Pearson with a nett 73.
The 25 handicapper managed to bag a couple of pars over her closing holes to fend off Judith Osler and Tracey Parsons who finished second and third respectfully.