Rockets' Winter Series success
ROYSTON Rockets BMX Racing Club returned to action this week, with 14 of their riders battling it out in the fourth round of the East Anglian Winter Series. The club s youngest entrants did well in the Formula 5 under-seven A final with Ted Dalleywater fi
ROYSTON Rockets BMX Racing Club returned to action this week, with 14 of their riders battling it out in the fourth round of the East Anglian Winter Series.
The club's youngest entrants did well in the Formula 5 under-seven A final with Ted Dalleywater finishing third ahead of teammates Archie Yorke and Loui Foreman who finished sixth and eighth respectively.
Marmaduke Birt won the B final.
Six Royston riders took part in the Formula 4 finals, with Aaron Dalleywater winning the A final in style ahead of Daniel Blanche in fifth. In the B final Zak Foreman finished third, with Josh Peters fifth, Matthew Harris sixth, and James King eighth.
Ethan Vernon won the Formula 3 A final with an impressive showing, while the under-16 racers did well in the Formula 2 finals with James Handleigh and Louis Burton finishing second in the A and B finals respectively.
The final class of the day saw over-17 rider Darren Foreman take seventh place in the Formula 1 A final in what was a tough field.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 6 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
- 7 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 8 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 9 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 10 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
# The fourth round continues next month, with the Rockets back to business on Saturday, March 8. For more information visit www.roystonrockets.co.uk or phone 01763 260959.