Rockets warm to winter league action
THE Royston Rockets kick- started their winter action with an entertaining performance in round one of the East Anglian Winter Series on Sunday. Taking to the Milton Keynes track, the club s youngest members opened the racing, with Royston taking two of
THE Royston Rockets kick- started their winter action with an entertaining performance in round one of the East Anglian Winter Series on Sunday.
Taking to the Milton Keynes track, the club's youngest members opened the racing, with Royston taking two of the top three places in the Formula 5 class A Final, with Ted Dalleywater finishing second just ahead of James King in third.
Sam Robinson competed in the A Final and managed a sixth place finish.
In the B Final, Archie York fought hard for his second place finish, while Royston's youngest rider Loui Foreman finished close behind in third.
You may also want to watch:
The Rockets saw more success in the Formula 4 class with Ethan Vernon finishing third ahead of Daniel Blanche and Aaron Dalleywater in fourth and fifth respectively.
In the B final, Zak Foreman raced to victory with an impressive performance, while George Bracewell finished third - another well-deserved placing.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
In the Formula 3 class, all three of the Rockets' racers qualified for the competitive A final.
And in another impressive Royston display, James Handleigh had a clear win, with Louis Burton finishing third, just ahead of Harry Bracewell.
Jak Bracewell finished fourth in the Formula 2 class A final, while in the B final Zak Pegram was third.
And in the largest and fastest class of the day, James Dalleywater won the Formula 1 class B final, with Darren Foreman finishing third.
In the C final Tom Yorke added to Royston's success with another deserving victory.
- The Rockets will be holding a practice session on Sunday, with the Burns Road track open to beginners to try their hand at BMX racing.
For more details telephone 01763 260959 or visit the club's website at www.roystonrockets.co.uk