Rockets turn on the style
Royston Rockets impressed as they took part in rounds eight and nine of the National Summer Series and round nine of the Regional Summer Series. The National Series also included a round of the European Series for Elite Riders, which featured some of the
Royston Rockets impressed as they took part in rounds eight and nine of the National Summer Series and round nine of the Regional Summer Series.
The National Series also included a round of the European Series for Elite Riders, which featured some of the best European riders.
Royston's Laurence Mapp grabbed an impressive fourth place, with Arthurs Matisons of Latvia taking the win.
In the two National Series, The Rockets' youngest club rider, Kele Newall, finished second in the six and under class A Final and fourth in the second A final, while in the seven year class Josh Peters took fourth and sixth in his A finals with Ted Dalleywater finishing second and third in his B finals.
You may also want to watch:
Ethan Vernon claimed second spot in the eight year class finals, with Daniel Blanche coming home in sixth and fifth place. The nine year class saw Aaron Dalleywater take a sixth place finish and a deserved second spot, while teammate Bradan Blanche finished sixth in his two B finals.
In the 11-12 year class James Handleigh finished in first in the B final and sixth in the A final.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
The Regional Series event saw 13 Rockets chasing ranking points and qualification to the British Championships at Peterborough which will take place over the August Bank Holiday weekend.
In the six and under class Kele Newell finished fourth, just ahead of teammate Louis Foreman, while in the seven year class Josh Peters claimed a deserved victory, with James King second, Marmaduke Birt fifth and Archie York sixth.
The 10-year class saw Zak Foreman take seventh place and in the 13 year class James Handleigh finished second ahead of Aston Blanche who finished third. In the 16 year class Wayne Gutteridge took a fine win, while The Masters class (30+) saw Darren Foreman take third spot.
In the Cruiser 30-39 class Danny Ancell took first place as did Laurence Mapp in the Superclass category.
The club's own Summer Race Series is coming to a climax with only two rounds left of their regular Tuesday night sessions in Burns Road.
For full details of forthcoming club and regional events visit www.roystonrockets.co.uk or ring 01763 260959.