Rockets soar in Manchester
ROYSTON ROCKETS had 10 racers participate in the opening round of the British Cycling BMX 2012 National Series held at the new indoor track at the National Cycling Centre in Manchester.
The 2012 National Series had to start early this year as riders are still trying to get qualifying points for their qualification to the World Championships in May which are to be held in the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham.
Joshua Abbott (seven-year class) got the Rockets of to a flying start as he took fifth in the B final. James King (fifth) and Ted Dalleywater (seventh), pictured, both did well in the A Final, while Myles Fisher (12-year class) finished sixth in his A Final. Daniel Blanche (13-year class) won the B Final, while Ethan Vernon came second in the A Final.
Maintaining Royston’s run of good results the 14-year class saw Aaron Dalleywater take fourth and in the ladies’ 17-29 cruiser class, third place went to Helen Biggs. In the Masters category (30+) Richard Townsend just missed a semi final place but Royston’s newest recruit, Tom Dowie, took eighth place in the B final of the 17-24-year class.
You may also want to watch:
Royston’s own club winter coaching sessions continues on a monthly basis with the gates opening at 10am. See more about the club activities and BMX racing in the region at www.roystonrockets.co.uk and the BMX East Regional site on www.bmxeast.com or ring 01763 260959 for more information on BMX racing.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day