Rockets rise to Welsh test
Royston Rockets travelled to Wales at the weekend for the final round of the 2007 BMX National series at Tredegar. Youngest member Ted Dalleywater was third in the under-six class A final. In the under-seven year class Ethan Vernon was second, with Dani
Royston Rockets travelled to Wales at the weekend for the final round of the 2007 BMX National series at Tredegar.
Youngest member Ted Dalleywater was third in the under-six class A final.
In the under-seven year class Ethan Vernon was second, with Daniel Blanche fourth, and Aaron Threader fifth.
Representing the girls in the under- seven-nine class, Jasia Blanche was sixth in the B final, while in the boys' under-eight class, Aaron Dalleywater won with Bradan Blanche sixth.
James Handleigh was sixth in the under-11-12 year class A final.
In the 19-plus men's class, Jonathan Roberts was fifth in the B final, and in the junior female section, Katie Roberts was also fifth.
- 1 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 2 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 3 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 4 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 'Flood the internet' to save waterways in South Cambs
- 6 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 7 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
- 8 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 9 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 10 Judoka Emma Reid from Royston wins Birmingham 2022 gold
The Elite class saw more success for Laurence Mapp, who won the A final to confirm his number one ranking for the year, while Richard Townsend was second in the class B final.
- The Rockets are back in action on Sunday, when they travel to Ipswich for the Regional Summer Series.
The club will be out for points to boost their regional ranking, which will determine whether they qualify for the British Championships.