Rockets rise to Welsh test
Royston Rockets travelled to Wales at the weekend for the final round of the 2007 BMX National series at Tredegar. Youngest member Ted Dalleywater was third in the under-six class A final. In the under-seven year class Ethan Vernon was second, with Dani
Royston Rockets travelled to Wales at the weekend for the final round of the 2007 BMX National series at Tredegar.
Youngest member Ted Dalleywater was third in the under-six class A final.
In the under-seven year class Ethan Vernon was second, with Daniel Blanche fourth, and Aaron Threader fifth.
Representing the girls in the under- seven-nine class, Jasia Blanche was sixth in the B final, while in the boys' under-eight class, Aaron Dalleywater won with Bradan Blanche sixth.
You may also want to watch:
James Handleigh was sixth in the under-11-12 year class A final.
In the 19-plus men's class, Jonathan Roberts was fifth in the B final, and in the junior female section, Katie Roberts was also fifth.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 3 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 7 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 10 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
The Elite class saw more success for Laurence Mapp, who won the A final to confirm his number one ranking for the year, while Richard Townsend was second in the class B final.
- The Rockets are back in action on Sunday, when they travel to Ipswich for the Regional Summer Series.
The club will be out for points to boost their regional ranking, which will determine whether they qualify for the British Championships.