Rockets record good results in Peterborough
THE second round of the East Anglia BMX Region Winter Series took place last Sunday at the track of the Peterborough BMX Club. The event attracted more than 80 riders from across the region with many staying away because of the earlier weather forecasts b
THE second round of the East Anglia BMX Region Winter Series took place last Sunday at the track of the Peterborough BMX Club.
The event attracted more than 80 riders from across the region with many staying away because of the earlier weather forecasts but the day dawned fine and stayed dry and sunny throughout which gave good conditions for the riders on a track that drained well was riding as good as ever.
This change of classes for the Winter Series saw novice and expert riders competing together to gain points to their series rankings.
Royston's only female rider on the day, Ella Tomsett, took a well deserved third in the 10-and-under girls' class while in the under-sevens male class Alfie Salmon finished second in the main final and new club member Will Frascoe took second in the class B final.
The eight-10 male class saw Myles Fisher also taking second in the main A final with James King just behind in fourth, while in the B final Marmaduke Birt, Rowan Clark and Benjamin Mansfield took fourth, fifth and sixth respectively.
Meanwhile, Nate Ridgewell won the class C final.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 3 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 6 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 7 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 8 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 9 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 10 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
The Rockets took a podium position in the 11-13 category where Ethan Vernon took second place, and Matthew Harris took fourth in the B final.
In the 14-16yr class, Andrew Brooker took eighth in the A final while the final riders for the Rockets competing in the 17-plus Cruiser class were Carl Birt, who took fifth in the A final, and Matt Salmon, who took second in the B final.
Round Three of the Regional Series takes place on December 13 at the Rockets' home track in Burns Road and on November 29 the club's own Winter Series programme continues with round two.
Full details of forthcoming club and regional events will be published soon at www.roystonrockets.co.uk
Alternatively, call (01763) 260959 for more information.