Rockets record good results in Peterborough
THE second round of the East Anglia BMX Region Winter Series took place last Sunday at the track of the Peterborough BMX Club. The event attracted more than 80 riders from across the region with many staying away because of the earlier weather forecasts b
THE second round of the East Anglia BMX Region Winter Series took place last Sunday at the track of the Peterborough BMX Club.
The event attracted more than 80 riders from across the region with many staying away because of the earlier weather forecasts but the day dawned fine and stayed dry and sunny throughout which gave good conditions for the riders on a track that drained well was riding as good as ever.
This change of classes for the Winter Series saw novice and expert riders competing together to gain points to their series rankings.
Royston's only female rider on the day, Ella Tomsett, took a well deserved third in the 10-and-under girls' class while in the under-sevens male class Alfie Salmon finished second in the main final and new club member Will Frascoe took second in the class B final.
You may also want to watch:
The eight-10 male class saw Myles Fisher also taking second in the main A final with James King just behind in fourth, while in the B final Marmaduke Birt, Rowan Clark and Benjamin Mansfield took fourth, fifth and sixth respectively.
Meanwhile, Nate Ridgewell won the class C final.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
The Rockets took a podium position in the 11-13 category where Ethan Vernon took second place, and Matthew Harris took fourth in the B final.
In the 14-16yr class, Andrew Brooker took eighth in the A final while the final riders for the Rockets competing in the 17-plus Cruiser class were Carl Birt, who took fifth in the A final, and Matt Salmon, who took second in the B final.
Round Three of the Regional Series takes place on December 13 at the Rockets' home track in Burns Road and on November 29 the club's own Winter Series programme continues with round two.
Full details of forthcoming club and regional events will be published soon at www.roystonrockets.co.uk
Alternatively, call (01763) 260959 for more information.