Rockets in thick of the action
THE Royston Rockets were back in action at the weekend for the second round of the East Anglia BMX Summer Series. The Royston club had 13 riders competing, with new member, Kelly Newall, competing in the under-six class where he finished in fifth place i
THE Royston Rockets were back in action at the weekend for the second round of the East Anglia BMX Summer Series.
The Royston club had 13 riders competing, with new member, Kelly Newall, competing in the under-six class where he finished in fifth place in a field of 15 riders.
In the seven-year class A final Royston had four riders involved, with Josh Peters taking third, ahead of James King who finished fifth, and Marmaduke Birt and Ted Dalleywater, who took seventh and eighth spot respectively.
Ethan Vernon bounced back from a heavy midweek fall to take first place in the eight-year final, with Daniel Blanche coming home in eighth place.
In the nine-year class Aaron Dalleywater took a fine second place finish in the A final, while in the 14- year class Ben Gutteridge went home with a second place finish in the B final.
Older brother Wayne Gutteridge fought hard in the A final of the 16 year class where he took sixth place, and in the same class Katie Roberts was again testing her skills against the boys and impressed with the B final win.
- 1 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 2 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 3 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 4 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 9 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
The final two classes saw Royston's Darren Forman in the 30+ Masters taking second spot in the B final, while in the Cruiser 16-29 class James Dalleywater took sixth place in the A final.
The next events on the race calendar are the fourth and fifth rounds of the National Summer Series at Mansfield on May 17 and 18, where the Rockets will again be looking to improve on their ranking positions.