Rockets honour stars of the year
JAMES Handleigh received the club rider of the year award at Royston Rockets BMX club s annual presentation evening at Bassingbourn Snow Sports centre. He won his class at the British Championships, and finished the season top of the regional series ranki
JAMES Handleigh received the club rider of the year award at Royston Rockets BMX club's annual presentation evening at Bassingbourn Snow Sports centre.
He won his class at the British Championships, and finished the season top of the regional series rankings.
The winners of Summer Series were presented with their trophies. They were Sheldon Best (under-seven), Aaron Dallywater (eight-10 years), James Handleigh (11-14), and Wayne Gutteridge (over-15).
The Club Member of the Year title went to Daniel Blanche, who won in his class at regional and national level.
You may also want to watch:
Ted Dallywater picked up the Rob Indri Memorial award, which is given to the rider who has made the biggest improvement over the season.
Ted grew in confidence over the year, culminating in a second place finish in the East Anglian regional series.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
The Shane Keeler Memorial Award for the rider who has shown most dedication towards the club went to Louis Burton, who attended almost every meeting and was often seen supporting the younger riders.
The Royston Rockets are currently competing in the Regional Winter Series, the next round of which is on December 9.
For more details visit the website www.roystonrockets.co.uk.