Rockets go for glory
THERE were trophies galore for riders from Royston Rockets BMX club at the final round of the 2007 Autumn National Series. The event, at Peterborough, was attended by more than 200 competitors, including ten from Royston. In the under-11 class James Handl
THERE were trophies galore for riders from Royston Rockets BMX club at the final round of the 2007 Autumn National Series.
The event, at Peterborough, was attended by more than 200 competitors, including ten from Royston.
In the under-11 class James Handleigh won the 'A' race to claim overall victory in the series.
Katie Roberts almost matched this achievement, but had to settle for second place in the 16-25 female class.
You may also want to watch:
There was third place for Daniel Blanche in the under-sevens category, while Bradan Blanche secured a fifth place finish in the under-eights.
The most hotly contested encounter of the meeting was the under-six race, which saw 22 riders competing. James King and Louis Foreman flew the flag for Royston, and were rewarded with 12th and 14th places respectively.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Finally, Richard Townsend was victorious in the 26-32 race to round off a successful day for Royston.
The next event in the Rockets' calendar is the first round of the Regional Winter Series at Milton Keynes this weekend.