Rockets go for glory
THERE were trophies galore for riders from Royston Rockets BMX club at the final round of the 2007 Autumn National Series. The event, at Peterborough, was attended by more than 200 competitors, including ten from Royston. In the under-11 class James Handl
THERE were trophies galore for riders from Royston Rockets BMX club at the final round of the 2007 Autumn National Series.
The event, at Peterborough, was attended by more than 200 competitors, including ten from Royston.
In the under-11 class James Handleigh won the 'A' race to claim overall victory in the series.
Katie Roberts almost matched this achievement, but had to settle for second place in the 16-25 female class.
There was third place for Daniel Blanche in the under-sevens category, while Bradan Blanche secured a fifth place finish in the under-eights.
The most hotly contested encounter of the meeting was the under-six race, which saw 22 riders competing. James King and Louis Foreman flew the flag for Royston, and were rewarded with 12th and 14th places respectively.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 6 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 7 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 10 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
Finally, Richard Townsend was victorious in the 26-32 race to round off a successful day for Royston.
The next event in the Rockets' calendar is the first round of the Regional Winter Series at Milton Keynes this weekend.