Rockets go for glory
THERE were trophies galore for riders from Royston Rockets BMX club at the final round of the 2007 Autumn National Series. The event, at Peterborough, was attended by more than 200 competitors, including ten from Royston. In the under-11 class James Handl
THERE were trophies galore for riders from Royston Rockets BMX club at the final round of the 2007 Autumn National Series.
The event, at Peterborough, was attended by more than 200 competitors, including ten from Royston.
In the under-11 class James Handleigh won the 'A' race to claim overall victory in the series.
Katie Roberts almost matched this achievement, but had to settle for second place in the 16-25 female class.
You may also want to watch:
There was third place for Daniel Blanche in the under-sevens category, while Bradan Blanche secured a fifth place finish in the under-eights.
The most hotly contested encounter of the meeting was the under-six race, which saw 22 riders competing. James King and Louis Foreman flew the flag for Royston, and were rewarded with 12th and 14th places respectively.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Finally, Richard Townsend was victorious in the 26-32 race to round off a successful day for Royston.
The next event in the Rockets' calendar is the first round of the Regional Winter Series at Milton Keynes this weekend.