Robins strike seals Floodlit Cup
Fourth cup win in a row for Paul Attfield’s side
Royston Town 1
Broxbourne Borough 0
SSMFL Floodlit Cup final
LUKE ROBINS’ goal just before half-time secured Royston their fourth straight Floodlit Cup triumph after edging past Broxbourne on Thursday night at Garden Walk.
You may also want to watch:
A scramble in the box was eventually rifled into the net by the Crows winger, to win what was a close encounter in which both sides were unfortunate not to convert more of their chances. Broxbourne hit the post and the crossbar either side of half-time, as well as a one-on-one chance late on.
However the solitary strike proved the difference, and it sets Paul Attfield’s team up nicely for tomorrow’s [Saturday] final league game against Haringey Borough, where the club will be awarded with the league winner’s trophy in front of, what is hoped, will be 1,000 supporters at Garden Walk.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
“We were a bit off the pace in the first half and when you’re only one goal ahead it’s always going to be tight,” Attfield told the Royston Crow.
“We weren’t particularly fluent but to win any cup four times in a row is special. I was able to keep five players on the bench so we will have plenty of fresh legs for tomorrow’s game.”
n The club is encouraging as many people as possible to head down to Garden Walk tomorrow to join in the celebrations of Town’s promotion to the Evo-Stik Division One Central. Discounted tickets are on offer, with adults costing �3, while concession tickets will cost just �1.
Kick-off is at 3pm.