Robins rejoins Crows
Cambridge City winger signs back with Royston Town
ROYSTON TOWN have announced that Luke Robins will be rejoining the club after a spell at Cambridge City.
The winger left The Crows to join the Southern Premier Division side last season, but will now link up with his former club as they bid to seal promotion from the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division this season.
Royston Town club president, Alan Barlow, commented: “We were approached by Gary Roberts, City’s manager, earlier this week and he asked if we’d be interested in resigning Luke and I’m pleased to say that the deal has now been concluded and he will be available for selection for Saturday’s game against Tring.”
He continued: “I’m sure Luke will have learnt a lot playing at a higher level and if he can apply that – together with his natural ability and flair – he will be a great asset to the club. I know a lot of our supporters will be delighted to see him back as he was always one of our most popular players.”
You may also want to watch:
Town manager Paul Attfield added: “I’m surprised at City’s decision to release him, but it will undoubtedly be to our gain and I am genuinely delighted he has decided to rejoin or ranks.”
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange