Robins opens the scoring as Crows cruise to 2-0 friendly win
Takeley 0 Royston Town 2 (Friendly) MANAGER Paul Attfield was pleased with the performance and result from his side s friendly win away to this strong Essex Senior League opposition with just a week to go before the Crows first league game of the new cam
Takeley 0 Royston Town 2 (Friendly)
MANAGER Paul Attfield was pleased with the performance and result from his side's friendly win away to this strong Essex Senior League opposition with just a week to go before the Crows' first league game of the new campaign.
The first half was played at a fast pace by both teams but Royston had control of the initial periods.
Tom Malins had a great early chance only to see his drilled shot turned away for a corner and full back Lewis Endcaott was also unlucky when he cut in from the right with his 25 yard shot deflecting onto the top of the crossbar.
You may also want to watch:
Takeley came into the game and won a number of corners they were unable to threaten from, their best chance coming from a defensive mistake which let in a forward who was denied by Damion Williamson in the Royston goal.
Royston took the lead on 35 minutes when a deep right wing cross eluded everyone but Luke Robins who reacted quickest to hook a shot towards goal that beat the keeper at the near post.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Just like the first half, the Crows came out and dominated the majority of the second in terms of possession with their movement and chasing of the loose ball particularly good.
Jamie Morriss and Endacott fizzed shots just wide, Scott Crosk was denied by the goalkeeper's legs and some good defensive play thwarted other clear chances being created but as Town got more on top they got a second in the 87th minute.
Damion Williamson's long clearance was flicked on by Crosk and Greg Jackson ran through to flick over the advancing keeper.
Royston: Williamson, Endacott, Stephens, Cook, Cain, Tyler, Collins, Malins, Young, Jackson, Robins, Morriss, Debnam, Chappell, Crosk