Robins joins Cambridge City on loan
Winger signs one-month deal with the Lilywhites
CROWS winger Luke Robins has joined Zamaretto Premier Division side Cambridge City on a one-month loan deal.
Robins, 21 has been a long-term target of City boss Roberts and the midfielder has been in good form for Royston again this season having scored six goals in all competitions to date.
Roberts was pleased that Robins had agreed terms with City, and indicated if things work out it could become more of a permanent deal. He said: “I’ve long been and admirer of Luke, and I’m pleased to give him the chance to play at a higher level with City. Initially he will be with us for a month, but if things work out then we may look at signing him on a permanent basis.”
Royston president Alan Barlow said: “We have always thought that Luke could play at a higher level, and the time seems right to give him an opportunity for a fresh challenge at City, and we sincerely hope that things work out well for him.”
Robins will be in the squad for City’s league match at Banbury on Tuesday night, and will also be available for any league cup and FA Trophy matches that City will be involved in during the next month.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge