Robins joins Cambridge City on loan
Winger signs one-month deal with the Lilywhites
CROWS winger Luke Robins has joined Zamaretto Premier Division side Cambridge City on a one-month loan deal.
Robins, 21 has been a long-term target of City boss Roberts and the midfielder has been in good form for Royston again this season having scored six goals in all competitions to date.
Roberts was pleased that Robins had agreed terms with City, and indicated if things work out it could become more of a permanent deal. He said: “I’ve long been and admirer of Luke, and I’m pleased to give him the chance to play at a higher level with City. Initially he will be with us for a month, but if things work out then we may look at signing him on a permanent basis.”
Royston president Alan Barlow said: “We have always thought that Luke could play at a higher level, and the time seems right to give him an opportunity for a fresh challenge at City, and we sincerely hope that things work out well for him.”
You may also want to watch:
Robins will be in the squad for City’s league match at Banbury on Tuesday night, and will also be available for any league cup and FA Trophy matches that City will be involved in during the next month.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash