Robins joins Cambridge City on loan
Winger signs one-month deal with the Lilywhites
CROWS winger Luke Robins has joined Zamaretto Premier Division side Cambridge City on a one-month loan deal.
Robins, 21 has been a long-term target of City boss Roberts and the midfielder has been in good form for Royston again this season having scored six goals in all competitions to date.
Roberts was pleased that Robins had agreed terms with City, and indicated if things work out it could become more of a permanent deal. He said: “I’ve long been and admirer of Luke, and I’m pleased to give him the chance to play at a higher level with City. Initially he will be with us for a month, but if things work out then we may look at signing him on a permanent basis.”
Royston president Alan Barlow said: “We have always thought that Luke could play at a higher level, and the time seems right to give him an opportunity for a fresh challenge at City, and we sincerely hope that things work out well for him.”
You may also want to watch:
Robins will be in the squad for City’s league match at Banbury on Tuesday night, and will also be available for any league cup and FA Trophy matches that City will be involved in during the next month.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims