Robertson the star for Reed
IN just their second outing of the season Reed fourths set a challenging 278 for 5 off 38 overs against North Mymms. Reed s opening pair of Baker (18) and Benham (21) made a steady start. When they fell, Barlow (61) and Robertson (52) came to the crease,
IN just their second outing of the season Reed fourths set a challenging 278 for 5 off 38 overs against North Mymms.
Reed's opening pair of Baker (18) and Benham (21) made a steady start.
When they fell, Barlow (61) and Robertson (52) came to the crease, with Robertson finding the boundary with ease before he was caught off the bowling of Cook (3-0-2-29).
Radford (13) added to the total before also falling to Cook, before Ward (55) impressed with an elegant innings, and supporting Barlow admirably as Reed eventually declared on 278 for 5 off 38 overs.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, North Mymms lost Tibbetts to a blinding catch by Benham off the tidy bowling of West (4-3-1-1), and he was followed by Wiggins (0) courtesy of another good catch from Benham.
This Brought Knight (28) to the crease who proceeded to play a measured innings.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
However, Hill (6-1-13-0) and Ward (5-3-4-1) restricted their opponents.
Robertson (5.2-0-10-6) then proceeded to topple North Mymms.