Roaring Lions make remarkable comeback
Knebworth share eight goals with St Neots
Under-12s Division One
After last week’s heavy County Cup defeat to Buntingford Knebworth Lions returned to league action at home to St Neots.
The boys started slowly and as with the previous week were often second to the ball. From a free kick near the half way line the ball evaded everyone and slipped through the grasp of Keiron in goal.
The boys rallied and after some good midfield play by Jack and James, Dan Hill was fouled on the edge of the area and Harrison bent a great free kick over the wall and in off the bar.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately just before half time a quick break left the back four exposed and Adam Parry could only help the ball into his own net.
After a half time dressing down the boys came out fighting but another speculative cross shot sailed home before the lively St Neots forwards opened up the defence again to make it 4-1.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
Moments later Jordan handled within the box but the confident St Neots forward blasted over from 12 yards.
This seemed to galvanise the lads and after a Jack Marshall corner, Fraser drew a good save only for Dan to force the ball home from close range.
Within a couple of minutes Adam fired yet another long range cross shot into the net.
The comeback was complete when another corner fell to Dan who shot home through a crowd of players to make it 4-4 with still 10 minutes to go.
There was still time for Jordan to clear off his own line and Keiron to make a great save and then from his drop kick a St Neots defender headed against his own bar from fully 30 yards.