Roach bags the record
CALLAN Roach broke the Greneway School 100m record in the North Herts Schools Athletics League final meeting at Ridlings Stadium, Stevenage Year 8 pupil Roach beat Daniel Bryan s record which had stood for 14 years when he sprinted home in 11.91 seconds
CALLAN Roach broke the Greneway School 100m record in the North Herts Schools' Athletics League final meeting at Ridlings Stadium, Stevenage
Year 8 pupil Roach beat Daniel Bryan's record which had stood for 14 years when he sprinted home in 11.91 seconds.
He was not the only Greneway pupil to set a new school record. Ben Jackson won the Year 8 discus with a throw of 31.54m.
Once again the Greneway pupils recorded plenty of personal bests, and their relay teams proved particularly strong, winning both boys' and girls' events at Year 7 and Year 8.
You may also want to watch:
As well as victories for Roach and Jackson, there were indivdual wins for Daniel Jinkerson, N Addison, Jack Beck, A Armstrong, K Smith, K Yarwood, E Lance, B Boulton, William Dacey, J Blows, M Renouf and A Blows
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 7 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks