Roach bags the record
CALLAN Roach broke the Greneway School 100m record in the North Herts Schools Athletics League final meeting at Ridlings Stadium, Stevenage Year 8 pupil Roach beat Daniel Bryan s record which had stood for 14 years when he sprinted home in 11.91 seconds
CALLAN Roach broke the Greneway School 100m record in the North Herts Schools' Athletics League final meeting at Ridlings Stadium, Stevenage
Year 8 pupil Roach beat Daniel Bryan's record which had stood for 14 years when he sprinted home in 11.91 seconds.
He was not the only Greneway pupil to set a new school record. Ben Jackson won the Year 8 discus with a throw of 31.54m.
Once again the Greneway pupils recorded plenty of personal bests, and their relay teams proved particularly strong, winning both boys' and girls' events at Year 7 and Year 8.
As well as victories for Roach and Jackson, there were indivdual wins for Daniel Jinkerson, N Addison, Jack Beck, A Armstrong, K Smith, K Yarwood, E Lance, B Boulton, William Dacey, J Blows, M Renouf and A Blows
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 9 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told