Roach bags the record
CALLAN Roach broke the Greneway School 100m record in the North Herts Schools Athletics League final meeting at Ridlings Stadium, Stevenage Year 8 pupil Roach beat Daniel Bryan s record which had stood for 14 years when he sprinted home in 11.91 seconds
CALLAN Roach broke the Greneway School 100m record in the North Herts Schools' Athletics League final meeting at Ridlings Stadium, Stevenage
Year 8 pupil Roach beat Daniel Bryan's record which had stood for 14 years when he sprinted home in 11.91 seconds.
He was not the only Greneway pupil to set a new school record. Ben Jackson won the Year 8 discus with a throw of 31.54m.
Once again the Greneway pupils recorded plenty of personal bests, and their relay teams proved particularly strong, winning both boys' and girls' events at Year 7 and Year 8.
You may also want to watch:
As well as victories for Roach and Jackson, there were indivdual wins for Daniel Jinkerson, N Addison, Jack Beck, A Armstrong, K Smith, K Yarwood, E Lance, B Boulton, William Dacey, J Blows, M Renouf and A Blows
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start