Rival boss writes off Royston's chances
ROYSON Town are out of the Spartan South Midlands title race, according to the manager of one of their rivals. Chalfont St Peter boss Danny Edwards told the Buckinghamshire Advertiser that he thinks the Crows can no longer be considered as title contender
ROYSON Town are out of the Spartan South Midlands title race, according to the manager of one of their rivals.
Chalfont St Peter boss Danny Edwards told the Buckinghamshire Advertiser that he thinks the Crows can no longer be considered as title contenders because of the backlog of games Paul Attfield's men still have to play in both the league an in various cup competitions.
The Crows are currently in ninth place in the Premier Division, five places and 11 points below Chalfont with four games in hand and a further three points off top spot.
Edwards said: "Royston are a good side but they are still in the Vase and they've got 25 league games still to play.
You may also want to watch:
"You've only got to do the maths - there's only 13 weeks of the season left, so even with just league games they would be playing two games a week so I think there's no real chance for them playing that volume of games."
Edwards' comments are sure to spur Royston on for the remainder of the season, and boss Paul Attfield can point to last season when come the turn of the year his side was still involved in the three cup competitions while challenging for the league only to finish the season with the treble - promotion by 16 clear points, the Division One Cup and the Floodlight Cup.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe