Rival boss writes off Royston's chances
ROYSON Town are out of the Spartan South Midlands title race, according to the manager of one of their rivals. Chalfont St Peter boss Danny Edwards told the Buckinghamshire Advertiser that he thinks the Crows can no longer be considered as title contender
ROYSON Town are out of the Spartan South Midlands title race, according to the manager of one of their rivals.
Chalfont St Peter boss Danny Edwards told the Buckinghamshire Advertiser that he thinks the Crows can no longer be considered as title contenders because of the backlog of games Paul Attfield's men still have to play in both the league an in various cup competitions.
The Crows are currently in ninth place in the Premier Division, five places and 11 points below Chalfont with four games in hand and a further three points off top spot.
Edwards said: "Royston are a good side but they are still in the Vase and they've got 25 league games still to play.
You may also want to watch:
"You've only got to do the maths - there's only 13 weeks of the season left, so even with just league games they would be playing two games a week so I think there's no real chance for them playing that volume of games."
Edwards' comments are sure to spur Royston on for the remainder of the season, and boss Paul Attfield can point to last season when come the turn of the year his side was still involved in the three cup competitions while challenging for the league only to finish the season with the treble - promotion by 16 clear points, the Division One Cup and the Floodlight Cup.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 3 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?