Rise and shine for Clark
TADLOW racer Kieran Clark, has made the transition from formula Jedi driver to the Formula Renault BARC series. Lining up in the Scorpio Racing team, Clark made his debut and qualified for both rounds 2 and 3 at the Northern Circuit in Croft with two imp
TADLOW racer Kieran Clark, has made the transition from formula Jedi driver to the Formula Renault BARC series.
Lining up in the Scorpio Racing team, Clark made his debut and qualified for both rounds 2 and 3 at the Northern Circuit in Croft with two impressive qualifying races in which he finished 16th and 10th respectively, missing out on the higher positions by only a second.
Starting from 16th on the grid, Clark made a good start in round 2 for his first Formula 2000 race despite some initial tension.
As the race unfolded, Clark continued to race well and finished in a deserved 11th position.
In round 3, Clark lined up alongside a number of more experienced drivers.
Getting off to a fast start, he moved his way up the placings until he was forced wide and lost his rhythm.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 4 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 5 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 8 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 9 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 10 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
Clark fought back, however, and upped the tempo to finish in a respectable 13th place.
It was an impressive debut from Clark who will hope to build on his experience and success in the next round at the Oulton Park circuit on Saturday, June 16.
Clark is currently seeking a sponsor. For more information visit www.3ksracing.co.uk or contact Tony Clark on 07764324369.