Rise and shine for Clark
TADLOW racer Kieran Clark, has made the transition from formula Jedi driver to the Formula Renault BARC series. Lining up in the Scorpio Racing team, Clark made his debut and qualified for both rounds 2 and 3 at the Northern Circuit in Croft with two imp
TADLOW racer Kieran Clark, has made the transition from formula Jedi driver to the Formula Renault BARC series.
Lining up in the Scorpio Racing team, Clark made his debut and qualified for both rounds 2 and 3 at the Northern Circuit in Croft with two impressive qualifying races in which he finished 16th and 10th respectively, missing out on the higher positions by only a second.
Starting from 16th on the grid, Clark made a good start in round 2 for his first Formula 2000 race despite some initial tension.
As the race unfolded, Clark continued to race well and finished in a deserved 11th position.
In round 3, Clark lined up alongside a number of more experienced drivers.
Getting off to a fast start, he moved his way up the placings until he was forced wide and lost his rhythm.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 7 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
Clark fought back, however, and upped the tempo to finish in a respectable 13th place.
It was an impressive debut from Clark who will hope to build on his experience and success in the next round at the Oulton Park circuit on Saturday, June 16.
Clark is currently seeking a sponsor. For more information visit www.3ksracing.co.uk or contact Tony Clark on 07764324369.