Rise and shine for Clark
TADLOW racer Kieran Clark, has made the transition from formula Jedi driver to the Formula Renault BARC series. Lining up in the Scorpio Racing team, Clark made his debut and qualified for both rounds 2 and 3 at the Northern Circuit in Croft with two imp
TADLOW racer Kieran Clark, has made the transition from formula Jedi driver to the Formula Renault BARC series.
Lining up in the Scorpio Racing team, Clark made his debut and qualified for both rounds 2 and 3 at the Northern Circuit in Croft with two impressive qualifying races in which he finished 16th and 10th respectively, missing out on the higher positions by only a second.
Starting from 16th on the grid, Clark made a good start in round 2 for his first Formula 2000 race despite some initial tension.
As the race unfolded, Clark continued to race well and finished in a deserved 11th position.
You may also want to watch:
In round 3, Clark lined up alongside a number of more experienced drivers.
Getting off to a fast start, he moved his way up the placings until he was forced wide and lost his rhythm.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
Clark fought back, however, and upped the tempo to finish in a respectable 13th place.
It was an impressive debut from Clark who will hope to build on his experience and success in the next round at the Oulton Park circuit on Saturday, June 16.
Clark is currently seeking a sponsor. For more information visit www.3ksracing.co.uk or contact Tony Clark on 07764324369.