Rise and shine for Clark
TADLOW racer Kieran Clark, has made the transition from formula Jedi driver to the Formula Renault BARC series. Lining up in the Scorpio Racing team, Clark made his debut and qualified for both rounds 2 and 3 at the Northern Circuit in Croft with two imp
TADLOW racer Kieran Clark, has made the transition from formula Jedi driver to the Formula Renault BARC series.
Lining up in the Scorpio Racing team, Clark made his debut and qualified for both rounds 2 and 3 at the Northern Circuit in Croft with two impressive qualifying races in which he finished 16th and 10th respectively, missing out on the higher positions by only a second.
Starting from 16th on the grid, Clark made a good start in round 2 for his first Formula 2000 race despite some initial tension.
As the race unfolded, Clark continued to race well and finished in a deserved 11th position.
You may also want to watch:
In round 3, Clark lined up alongside a number of more experienced drivers.
Getting off to a fast start, he moved his way up the placings until he was forced wide and lost his rhythm.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
Clark fought back, however, and upped the tempo to finish in a respectable 13th place.
It was an impressive debut from Clark who will hope to build on his experience and success in the next round at the Oulton Park circuit on Saturday, June 16.
Clark is currently seeking a sponsor. For more information visit www.3ksracing.co.uk or contact Tony Clark on 07764324369.