Richardson triumphs in Royston Golf Club competition
- Credit: Archant
A busy weekend at Royston Golf Club began with the Royal British Legion Charity Stableford competition on Saturday.
The men’s competition was won by Lee Richardson on 39 points from Edward Collins on 38 and David Marsh on 37. Tracey Parsons secured first place in the ladies’ section with 34 points, three points clear of Carolyn Devaney in second with Denise Moody in third on 29.
Royston held their August Medal, which also doubled as the President’s Cup qualifier.
The top six scores and ties qualify for the final to be played this Sunday.
The Division One medal winner was Ryan MacDonald who played the 18 holes in 67, one shot less than Peter Rutter and Darren Dawson.
You may also want to watch:
Division Two was won by Mick Joyner who also returned 68, one shot less than second-placed Tony Baker.
The sixth qualifier Chris Watson, playing in the final three ball of the morning, crushed three players hopes of making the final when he came in with 69, pushing their rounds of 70 outside of the qualifying places.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
Earlier in the week the ladies held their ‘three clubs and a putter’ competition where the golfers choose which three clubs they take out with their putter onto the course.
The winning score of 38 points from Marjory Humphreys shows how well she managed her club selection. Second place was taken by Carolyn Devaney on 33 points and third was Pam Bonnett on 27.