Richardson triumphs in Royston Golf Club competition
- Credit: Archant
A busy weekend at Royston Golf Club began with the Royal British Legion Charity Stableford competition on Saturday.
The men’s competition was won by Lee Richardson on 39 points from Edward Collins on 38 and David Marsh on 37. Tracey Parsons secured first place in the ladies’ section with 34 points, three points clear of Carolyn Devaney in second with Denise Moody in third on 29.
Royston held their August Medal, which also doubled as the President’s Cup qualifier.
The top six scores and ties qualify for the final to be played this Sunday.
The Division One medal winner was Ryan MacDonald who played the 18 holes in 67, one shot less than Peter Rutter and Darren Dawson.
You may also want to watch:
Division Two was won by Mick Joyner who also returned 68, one shot less than second-placed Tony Baker.
The sixth qualifier Chris Watson, playing in the final three ball of the morning, crushed three players hopes of making the final when he came in with 69, pushing their rounds of 70 outside of the qualifying places.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Earlier in the week the ladies held their ‘three clubs and a putter’ competition where the golfers choose which three clubs they take out with their putter onto the course.
The winning score of 38 points from Marjory Humphreys shows how well she managed her club selection. Second place was taken by Carolyn Devaney on 33 points and third was Pam Bonnett on 27.