Revenge for Foxton
Debden 2 Foxton 4 FOXTON faced the team that beat them in the opening game of the season looking to make amends and continue their recent good form. Foxton started the brighter and quickly found themselves in front. An excellent move down the right saw Na
Debden 2 Foxton 4
FOXTON faced the team that beat them in the opening game of the season looking to make amends and continue their recent good form.
Foxton started the brighter and quickly found themselves in front. An excellent move down the right saw Nathan Davenport beat his man and slide the ball through for Dan Hoggarth who cleverly squared the ball for Adam Fields to finish.
Debden equalised after two blocked shots and manager Andy Cambridge, who was acting as stand-in keeper, was left helpless with the final shot.
You may also want to watch:
Foxton responded well and soon afterwards were awarded a penalty after Dan Hoggarth, a menace to the home team throughout the game, was brought down in the area as he rounded the home keeper. Foxton skipper Barry Webber's tame effort was easily saved by the keeper who never even got a yellow card for his foul.
Adam Fields soon had Foxton back in front with a finely taken goal with a powerful strike into the far corner of the net.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Foxton scored a third when Ivan Tokely volled the ball into the box after a corner and Nathan Davenport lifted the ball over the advancing keeper to give Foxton a comfortable 3-1 interval lead.
Soon after the break Foxton increased their lead when Max Margiotta intercepted a back pass and score his first goal for the club.
Debden scored a late consolation goal.
Foxton: A Cambridge, Tokely, Ranner, Handscombe, Wellstead, Davenport, Webber, Aristo, Margiotta, Hoggarth, Fields. Subs: Chamberlain, Lawrence, Ogilvie, I Cambridge.