Revenge for Foxton
Debden 2 Foxton 4 FOXTON faced the team that beat them in the opening game of the season looking to make amends and continue their recent good form. Foxton started the brighter and quickly found themselves in front. An excellent move down the right saw Na
Debden 2 Foxton 4
FOXTON faced the team that beat them in the opening game of the season looking to make amends and continue their recent good form.
Foxton started the brighter and quickly found themselves in front. An excellent move down the right saw Nathan Davenport beat his man and slide the ball through for Dan Hoggarth who cleverly squared the ball for Adam Fields to finish.
Debden equalised after two blocked shots and manager Andy Cambridge, who was acting as stand-in keeper, was left helpless with the final shot.
You may also want to watch:
Foxton responded well and soon afterwards were awarded a penalty after Dan Hoggarth, a menace to the home team throughout the game, was brought down in the area as he rounded the home keeper. Foxton skipper Barry Webber's tame effort was easily saved by the keeper who never even got a yellow card for his foul.
Adam Fields soon had Foxton back in front with a finely taken goal with a powerful strike into the far corner of the net.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 3 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
Foxton scored a third when Ivan Tokely volled the ball into the box after a corner and Nathan Davenport lifted the ball over the advancing keeper to give Foxton a comfortable 3-1 interval lead.
Soon after the break Foxton increased their lead when Max Margiotta intercepted a back pass and score his first goal for the club.
Debden scored a late consolation goal.
Foxton: A Cambridge, Tokely, Ranner, Handscombe, Wellstead, Davenport, Webber, Aristo, Margiotta, Hoggarth, Fields. Subs: Chamberlain, Lawrence, Ogilvie, I Cambridge.