Reserves pull off gritty home win
Royston Town Reserves 2 Cockfosters Reserves 1 TOWN'S reserves put their recent problems behind them with this gritty determined win at home on Saturday. Jorden McGarvie formed an instant partnership with Terry Lock and it was from McGarvie s knock on tha
Royston Town Reserves 2 Cockfosters Reserves 1
TOWN'S reserves put their recent problems behind them with this gritty determined win at home on Saturday.
Jorden McGarvie formed an instant partnership with Terry Lock and it was from McGarvie's knock on that his strike partner blistered home a well hit half volley to fire his team into the lead.
Cockfosters threatened from the start of the second period and forced home to level matters and the game then became very open as the home side pushed for a winner and Cockfosters working on the counter.
Another recent pairing for Royston of John Bloss and Mark Saunders, ably supported by keeper Richard Barlow, kept the visitors at bay whilst the energetic young Brendon Leece and the competitive Brad Jackson took control of the midfield for areas.
It came as no surprise when the honest hard work of McGarvie was rewarded with a well taken winner.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
Manager Kevin Wilson said: "We played to our strengths today but also had some inner strength as well. Hopefully this can be our springboard.