Reserves go down to a single Colney goal
Royston Town Reserves 0 London Colney Reserves 1 FOR the third game in a row the Crows second string finished on the losing side by the odd goal. With such a strong line-up Royston fancied their chances against the current league leaders and started the
Royston Town Reserves 0 London Colney Reserves 1
FOR the third game in a row the Crows' second string finished on the losing side by the odd goal.
With such a strong line-up Royston fancied their chances against the current league leaders and started the game very brightly on a hard and icy pitch with Stuart Dalloway and Gary Christie forcing the Colney 'keeper into making comfortable saves.
Both home full-backs John Bitting on the right and the returning Robert Gwynne had ample chances to get forward and cross the ball into dangerous areas but Town lacked that finishing touch.
You may also want to watch:
Royston were forced into a change when Gwynne suffered a reoccurrence of an earlier injury and this seemed to disturb the balance of the side with Colney taking an undeserved lead very soon after his withdrawal.
Royston applied constant pressure to the visitor's goal but again failed to score and the game ended 1-0 to the visitors.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 5 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 6 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Assistant manager John Bloss was in a positive mood despite the defeat, saying: "At least we are creating chances. The bad weather break came at the wrong time for us. I'm sure we will get goals soon.