Reserves go down to a single Colney goal
Royston Town Reserves 0 London Colney Reserves 1 FOR the third game in a row the Crows second string finished on the losing side by the odd goal. With such a strong line-up Royston fancied their chances against the current league leaders and started the
Royston Town Reserves 0 London Colney Reserves 1
FOR the third game in a row the Crows' second string finished on the losing side by the odd goal.
With such a strong line-up Royston fancied their chances against the current league leaders and started the game very brightly on a hard and icy pitch with Stuart Dalloway and Gary Christie forcing the Colney 'keeper into making comfortable saves.
Both home full-backs John Bitting on the right and the returning Robert Gwynne had ample chances to get forward and cross the ball into dangerous areas but Town lacked that finishing touch.
Royston were forced into a change when Gwynne suffered a reoccurrence of an earlier injury and this seemed to disturb the balance of the side with Colney taking an undeserved lead very soon after his withdrawal.
Royston applied constant pressure to the visitor's goal but again failed to score and the game ended 1-0 to the visitors.
- 1 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 2 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 3 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 4 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 5 Royston children encouraged to write to the Queen
- 6 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 7 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 8 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 9 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Assistant manager John Bloss was in a positive mood despite the defeat, saying: "At least we are creating chances. The bad weather break came at the wrong time for us. I'm sure we will get goals soon.