Reserves book place in last 16
Mill End Reserves 0 Royston Town Reserves 5 A GRAHAM Tibbals double helped Royston s reserves book their place in the last 16 of the Hertfordshire Intermediate Cup. The Crows were convincing winners against Mill End and the only question being asked was n
Mill End Reserves 0 Royston Town Reserves 5
A GRAHAM Tibbals double helped Royston's reserves book their place in the last 16 of the Hertfordshire Intermediate Cup.
The Crows were convincing winners against Mill End and the only question being asked was not whether Royston would win, but by how many goals.
The visitors were 3-0 up by half time after two goals from 24-year-old Tibbals and a strike from Mark Saunders, and in goal Rich Barlow was as redundant as Russell Brand.
With the game secure, Royston used the second half to give its under 18 contingent a run out with both Jonny Sell and Adam Markham getting onto the pitch and acquitting themselves well.
Despite making changes Royston grew in strength as the game went on and a fine performance was capped off by goals from Mark Wright and Jamie Morriss.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
The only downside to the performance was a bad injury to stalwart Mike Bloss which could see him sidelined for up to six weeks.
Manager was delighted with his team performance and said: 2Our attitude is second to none throughout the whole of the senior sides. We came here today to make a mark and to send out a message and I think my players achieved that.
"To lose Mike is a big, big blow, but we have strength in depth and I am sure we will manage.