Reserves book place in last 16
Mill End Reserves 0 Royston Town Reserves 5 A GRAHAM Tibbals double helped Royston s reserves book their place in the last 16 of the Hertfordshire Intermediate Cup. The Crows were convincing winners against Mill End and the only question being asked was n
Mill End Reserves 0 Royston Town Reserves 5
A GRAHAM Tibbals double helped Royston's reserves book their place in the last 16 of the Hertfordshire Intermediate Cup.
The Crows were convincing winners against Mill End and the only question being asked was not whether Royston would win, but by how many goals.
The visitors were 3-0 up by half time after two goals from 24-year-old Tibbals and a strike from Mark Saunders, and in goal Rich Barlow was as redundant as Russell Brand.
You may also want to watch:
With the game secure, Royston used the second half to give its under 18 contingent a run out with both Jonny Sell and Adam Markham getting onto the pitch and acquitting themselves well.
Despite making changes Royston grew in strength as the game went on and a fine performance was capped off by goals from Mark Wright and Jamie Morriss.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
The only downside to the performance was a bad injury to stalwart Mike Bloss which could see him sidelined for up to six weeks.
Manager was delighted with his team performance and said: 2Our attitude is second to none throughout the whole of the senior sides. We came here today to make a mark and to send out a message and I think my players achieved that.
"To lose Mike is a big, big blow, but we have strength in depth and I am sure we will manage.