Reserves book place in last 16
Mill End Reserves 0 Royston Town Reserves 5 A GRAHAM Tibbals double helped Royston s reserves book their place in the last 16 of the Hertfordshire Intermediate Cup. The Crows were convincing winners against Mill End and the only question being asked was n
Mill End Reserves 0 Royston Town Reserves 5
A GRAHAM Tibbals double helped Royston's reserves book their place in the last 16 of the Hertfordshire Intermediate Cup.
The Crows were convincing winners against Mill End and the only question being asked was not whether Royston would win, but by how many goals.
The visitors were 3-0 up by half time after two goals from 24-year-old Tibbals and a strike from Mark Saunders, and in goal Rich Barlow was as redundant as Russell Brand.
With the game secure, Royston used the second half to give its under 18 contingent a run out with both Jonny Sell and Adam Markham getting onto the pitch and acquitting themselves well.
Despite making changes Royston grew in strength as the game went on and a fine performance was capped off by goals from Mark Wright and Jamie Morriss.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 3 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 4 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 5 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 6 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 7 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 8 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
The only downside to the performance was a bad injury to stalwart Mike Bloss which could see him sidelined for up to six weeks.
Manager was delighted with his team performance and said: 2Our attitude is second to none throughout the whole of the senior sides. We came here today to make a mark and to send out a message and I think my players achieved that.
"To lose Mike is a big, big blow, but we have strength in depth and I am sure we will manage.