Relegated Royston finish with another defeat
ROYSTON S relegation was confirmed before the game, and they failed to end the season on a high after slipping to defeat against a strong March II side. March, bolstered by several players from their first team, won the toss and chose to bat. Royston bow
ROYSTON'S relegation was confirmed before the game, and they failed to end the season on a high after slipping to defeat against a strong March II side.
March, bolstered by several players from their first team, won the toss and chose to bat.
Royston bowled and fielded well generally, but were punished by 13-year-old Connor Cunningham, who hit 103.
Royston were not helped by a short boundary on one side of the ground, but with one of Cunningham's team mates contributing 96 not out, the hosts made a big score of 281-6.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Temple posted the best bowling figures with 3-60, while Ben Warren recorded 2-45.
Royston never looked likely to reach their target, especially after losing both opening batsmen in the first six overs.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Paul Miller was the one bright spot in a poor batting display, hitting some great shots on his way to a score of 53.
However, with little support from his teammates, Royston were bowled out for 103.