Rejuvenated Banyers in seventh heaven
Banyers 7 Gransden 1 BANYERS hammered seven past a helpless Gransden, with Asher Wilson s hat-trick helping the hosts consolidate their fourth place league finish. After a lively start, there was not much between the teams early on, and only a James Od
Banyers 7 Gransden 1
BANYERS hammered seven past a helpless Gransden, with Asher Wilson's hat-trick helping the hosts consolidate their fourth place league finish.
After a lively start, there was not much between the teams early on, and only a James Oddy header separated them at half time.
However, the hosts soon put their relegation-threatened opponents to the sword, with Steve Cawdell sliding the ball home to double his side's lead.
You may also want to watch:
Young Wilson then grabbed his first, before coolly slotting in a second, with his speed and skill causing havoc in the Gransden defence.
Sipho Tibe then made it 5-0, before Wilson fired in his third following a defensive error.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
Gransden did reply with a late consolation, but Banyers substitute Lee Wilkinson added to their misery with another confident strike.
Manager Darren Dyer said: "At Christmas we were bottom of the division.
"We're now fourth, and I'm delighted with the turnaround."
Banyers: Pigg; Lewis, Cawdell, Halfacre, Waldock; Glennon, Oddy, Osborne, Morgan; Wilson, Tibe. (Sub): Wilkinson.