Regents Park Rangers up next for Crows Ladies in FA Women’s Cup
- Credit: Archant
Goals from Grace Leslie, Paris Coldicott-Stevens and Sammy Tinsley ensured Royston Town Ladies’ passage into the FA Cup third qualifying round, beating Colney Heath 3-1 on the road.
The Crows started the game brightly and took the lead inside the first five minutes as Leslie headed in Hayley Graham’s deep cross.
Midway through the first half Heath levelled as keeper Emma D’Costa was caught out by a long-range free-kick.
Despite conceding, Town were still on top of the game and deservedly retook the lead just before half-time.
A corner was half-cleared to Coldicott-Stevens on the edge of the box who hit a dipping volley over the keeper’s head.
Despite some Heath pressure, Royston wrapped up the win late on as Tinsley outpaced a home defender and calmly slotted home past the advancing keeper.
The Crows will host Regents Park Rangers in the next round on Sunday, October 9.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 10 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end