Regents Park Rangers up next for Crows Ladies in FA Women’s Cup
- Credit: Archant
Goals from Grace Leslie, Paris Coldicott-Stevens and Sammy Tinsley ensured Royston Town Ladies’ passage into the FA Cup third qualifying round, beating Colney Heath 3-1 on the road.
The Crows started the game brightly and took the lead inside the first five minutes as Leslie headed in Hayley Graham’s deep cross.
Midway through the first half Heath levelled as keeper Emma D’Costa was caught out by a long-range free-kick.
Despite conceding, Town were still on top of the game and deservedly retook the lead just before half-time.
A corner was half-cleared to Coldicott-Stevens on the edge of the box who hit a dipping volley over the keeper’s head.
You may also want to watch:
Despite some Heath pressure, Royston wrapped up the win late on as Tinsley outpaced a home defender and calmly slotted home past the advancing keeper.
The Crows will host Regents Park Rangers in the next round on Sunday, October 9.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims