Regents Park Rangers up next for Crows Ladies in FA Women’s Cup
- Credit: Archant
Goals from Grace Leslie, Paris Coldicott-Stevens and Sammy Tinsley ensured Royston Town Ladies’ passage into the FA Cup third qualifying round, beating Colney Heath 3-1 on the road.
The Crows started the game brightly and took the lead inside the first five minutes as Leslie headed in Hayley Graham’s deep cross.
Midway through the first half Heath levelled as keeper Emma D’Costa was caught out by a long-range free-kick.
Despite conceding, Town were still on top of the game and deservedly retook the lead just before half-time.
A corner was half-cleared to Coldicott-Stevens on the edge of the box who hit a dipping volley over the keeper’s head.
You may also want to watch:
Despite some Heath pressure, Royston wrapped up the win late on as Tinsley outpaced a home defender and calmly slotted home past the advancing keeper.
The Crows will host Regents Park Rangers in the next round on Sunday, October 9.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 10 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department