Reed victorious in primary school tournament
THE finals of the School Partnership primary schools tennis tournament were held at Royston Tennis Club in sweltering heat. Four Royston schools took part - Roman Way, Therfield, Reed, Icknield Walk - in addition to two from Buntingford - Jenyns and Layst
THE finals of the School Partnership primary schools tennis tournament were held at Royston Tennis Club in sweltering heat.
Four Royston schools took part - Roman Way, Therfield, Reed, Icknield Walk - in addition to two from Buntingford - Jenyns and Layston - in what was a high standard tournament culminating in a final between Therfield and Reed, which Reed won.
They will now proceed through to the county finals against seven other Hertfordshire schools at Odyssey Club in Knebworth.
Meanwhile, Royston Tennis Club summer league scores this week saw the all-Royston match between the first and second teams end in a win for the firsts 7-1.
You may also want to watch:
The firsts comprised of Andy Holmes, Pru Burton, Richard Fosbeary and Kathryn Betts, while the seconds were David Addison, Sue Addison, Mike Fellingham and Karin Lambert.
The Junior Under-16s Herts League team of Sam Tobiss, Lewis Harley, Andrew Betts and Louis Boulter won away to Croxley 6-5, while in the Cambs League the under-16s first team of Sam Tobiss and Louis Boulter won at home 2-1 against Huntingdon.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Cottenham thirds failed to turn up for its under-16's match, so Royston had a walkover, and the under-13s first team of Nathan O'Looney and Alex Wilson beat Cambridge 3-0.