Reed retain second spot in SHCL Championship after Langleybury thumping
- Credit: Archant
Reed kept in touch with SHCL Championship leaders Letchworth after crushing Langleybury by nine wickets on the road on Saturday.
The Whartons starred in the win, with Ed taking four wickets and Richard scoring 57 not out. Toby Fynn also took four wickets.
The visitors bowled out Langleybury for a paltry 98 on a lively wicket.
On only the second ball Richard Wharton stumped the Langleybury opener and this was to be a prelude to a collapse as the hosts slumped to 28-5, with Ed Wharton claiming his second and third wickets.
Only Rhys Williams, with 29 not out, staved off a rout, but the returning Wharton and Fynn polished off the tail.
You may also want to watch:
A steady response from Reed’s openers laid the platform for a comfortable chase and an unbeaten second-wicket partnership of 71 from Richard Wharton and Rob Lankester (23 not out) sealed the victory in 22 overs.
They host Hoddesdon in the league on Saturday.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid