Reed retain second spot in SHCL Championship after Langleybury thumping
- Credit: Archant
Reed kept in touch with SHCL Championship leaders Letchworth after crushing Langleybury by nine wickets on the road on Saturday.
The Whartons starred in the win, with Ed taking four wickets and Richard scoring 57 not out. Toby Fynn also took four wickets.
The visitors bowled out Langleybury for a paltry 98 on a lively wicket.
On only the second ball Richard Wharton stumped the Langleybury opener and this was to be a prelude to a collapse as the hosts slumped to 28-5, with Ed Wharton claiming his second and third wickets.
Only Rhys Williams, with 29 not out, staved off a rout, but the returning Wharton and Fynn polished off the tail.
A steady response from Reed’s openers laid the platform for a comfortable chase and an unbeaten second-wicket partnership of 71 from Richard Wharton and Rob Lankester (23 not out) sealed the victory in 22 overs.
They host Hoddesdon in the league on Saturday.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 5 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 10 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year