Reed retain second spot in SHCL Championship after Langleybury thumping
- Credit: Archant
Reed kept in touch with SHCL Championship leaders Letchworth after crushing Langleybury by nine wickets on the road on Saturday.
The Whartons starred in the win, with Ed taking four wickets and Richard scoring 57 not out. Toby Fynn also took four wickets.
The visitors bowled out Langleybury for a paltry 98 on a lively wicket.
On only the second ball Richard Wharton stumped the Langleybury opener and this was to be a prelude to a collapse as the hosts slumped to 28-5, with Ed Wharton claiming his second and third wickets.
Only Rhys Williams, with 29 not out, staved off a rout, but the returning Wharton and Fynn polished off the tail.
You may also want to watch:
A steady response from Reed’s openers laid the platform for a comfortable chase and an unbeaten second-wicket partnership of 71 from Richard Wharton and Rob Lankester (23 not out) sealed the victory in 22 overs.
They host Hoddesdon in the league on Saturday.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire