Reed retain second spot in SHCL Championship after Langleybury thumping
- Credit: Archant
Reed kept in touch with SHCL Championship leaders Letchworth after crushing Langleybury by nine wickets on the road on Saturday.
The Whartons starred in the win, with Ed taking four wickets and Richard scoring 57 not out. Toby Fynn also took four wickets.
The visitors bowled out Langleybury for a paltry 98 on a lively wicket.
On only the second ball Richard Wharton stumped the Langleybury opener and this was to be a prelude to a collapse as the hosts slumped to 28-5, with Ed Wharton claiming his second and third wickets.
Only Rhys Williams, with 29 not out, staved off a rout, but the returning Wharton and Fynn polished off the tail.
You may also want to watch:
A steady response from Reed’s openers laid the platform for a comfortable chase and an unbeaten second-wicket partnership of 71 from Richard Wharton and Rob Lankester (23 not out) sealed the victory in 22 overs.
They host Hoddesdon in the league on Saturday.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre