Reed promotion hopes take a drive
HOPES of promotion were dashed for Reed thirds as they slipped to a 77-run defeat at Hertford fourths. Having lost the toss, Reed restricted Hertford to 204 for 9 off their 47 overs thanks largely to a late flurry of wickets. The hosts scored steadily wi
HOPES of promotion were dashed for Reed thirds as they slipped to a 77-run defeat at Hertford fourths.
Having lost the toss, Reed restricted Hertford to 204 for 9 off their 47 overs thanks largely to a late flurry of wickets. The hosts scored steadily with the main contributors being Ridley (41), Williams (60) and Pavey (33).
Reed's opening bowling pair of Kallum Ward (13-2-35-5) and veteran Ian Roberts (15-5-44-4) were the only wicket takers out of the five bowlers used.
However, Reed felt confident of overhauling the target, but this was quickly dismissed when the openers, P Baker and J Radford were both out for nought. With the score at 3 for 2 John Kershaw (62) had partnerships with Rob Willoughby (12), M Baker (9) and Ward (15), but with wickets falling regularly and Hazard out for nought Kershaw was running out of partners and the game looked like ending quickly.
However, one final partnership between Kershaw and Ian Roberts (6) put on a stubborn 49 off 10 overs, before Kershaw was finally caught behind with the score at 127 for 7.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 7 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
- 10 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital