Reed lose out in run chase
REED S development side went down to a disappointing 81-run defeat against Sawbridgeworth. Alex West and Matt Giblin opened the bowling for the hosts and slowed Sawbridgeworth down, with the visitors struggling for early runs. George Garrot and Chris We
REED'S development side went down to a disappointing 81-run defeat against Sawbridgeworth.
Alex West and Matt Giblin opened the bowling for the hosts and slowed Sawbridgeworth down, with the visitors struggling for early runs.
George Garrot and Chris West also did their bit, with Chris West making the breakthrough when he bowled Mann (29) with the score on 48 after 16 overs.
Alex West then took a fine catch at deep mid-wicket from the bowling of Ollie Smith, before the Sawbridgeworth partnership of Berd (53) and Poulter (35) swung the game in the visitors' favour.
However, when Berd went, the Sawbridgeworth wickets started to fall courtesy of Sean Tidey, who took three brilliant catches and one stumping.
Sawbridgeworth ended on 174 for 8 from their 40 overs.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 7 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 8 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 9 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 10 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
Reed's chase started badly with opener Garrot dismissed after just three balls. Callum Kitchsa rescued the situation slightly with a well-worked 39, and assisted by Darren Radford (20) Reed looked in good spirit.
However, once that partnership was broken a stream of wickets followed, and with only Tidey and Michael Naeem offering resistance Reed were all out in the 30th over for 93.