Reed lose out in run chase
REED S development side went down to a disappointing 81-run defeat against Sawbridgeworth. Alex West and Matt Giblin opened the bowling for the hosts and slowed Sawbridgeworth down, with the visitors struggling for early runs. George Garrot and Chris We
REED'S development side went down to a disappointing 81-run defeat against Sawbridgeworth.
Alex West and Matt Giblin opened the bowling for the hosts and slowed Sawbridgeworth down, with the visitors struggling for early runs.
George Garrot and Chris West also did their bit, with Chris West making the breakthrough when he bowled Mann (29) with the score on 48 after 16 overs.
Alex West then took a fine catch at deep mid-wicket from the bowling of Ollie Smith, before the Sawbridgeworth partnership of Berd (53) and Poulter (35) swung the game in the visitors' favour.
You may also want to watch:
However, when Berd went, the Sawbridgeworth wickets started to fall courtesy of Sean Tidey, who took three brilliant catches and one stumping.
Sawbridgeworth ended on 174 for 8 from their 40 overs.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 10 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
Reed's chase started badly with opener Garrot dismissed after just three balls. Callum Kitchsa rescued the situation slightly with a well-worked 39, and assisted by Darren Radford (20) Reed looked in good spirit.
However, once that partnership was broken a stream of wickets followed, and with only Tidey and Michael Naeem offering resistance Reed were all out in the 30th over for 93.