Reed IIIs sink Preston
REED third XI got off to a great start to the season against Preston IIIs in a 40-over friendly, with Roddy Leibenburg in particular putting in a brilliant performance. Reed batted first and got off to a solid start with John Heslam and Alan Ward putting
REED third XI got off to a great start to the season against Preston IIIs in a 40-over friendly, with Roddy Leibenburg in particular putting in a brilliant performance.
Reed batted first and got off to a solid start with John Heslam and Alan Ward putting on a 47 partnership for the first wicket.
Robertson, Bradford, Hooper and Willoughby all chipped in with useful knocks, but the star of the day in his first match for the Club was Leibenburg who scored 108, taking Reed's total to a useful 233-7.
In reply, Preston were unable to match the scoring rate after Ian Roberts bowled a miserly spell of seven overs, with 3-12 and James Hooper bowled a good spell from the other end.
You may also want to watch:
Eventually Preston reached 125-7, leaving Reed comfortable winners.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Chocks away! Phillips and Nunn bag Spitfire Salver at Heydon Grange Golf Club