Reed frustrated at Flamstead
Despite a magnificent unbeaten century from Stuart Smith, Reed seconds were left frustrated after being held to a draw at home by Flamstead on Saturday. Smith s innings of 112 not out was the cornerstone of Reed s total of 232-5 from 50 overs. Edward Garr
Despite a magnificent unbeaten century from Stuart Smith, Reed seconds were left frustrated after being held to a draw at home by Flamstead on Saturday.
Smith's innings of 112 not out was the cornerstone of Reed's total of 232-5 from 50 overs.
Edward Garrott also notched a half-century, before captain Jason Archer declared.
Flamstead's reply got off to a sluggish start and, at one point, the visitors found themselves struggling at 14-2.
You may also want to watch:
Wickets continued to fall, thanks mainly to Karl Ward's return of 4-59 from 10 overs.
Flamstead also found runs hard to come by all afternoon, scoring just 41 from the final 20 overs to finish their innings on 151-7.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
A rueful Archer said: "At times we are almost our own worse enemy.
"Our opening spells of bowling are so accurate that teams seem to give up the run chase less than a quarter of the way through the innings, coupled with the excellent wicket at Reed, bowling teams out will be a struggle, if the batsmen decide that dogged resistance is their only option."
Reed are next in action at home to unbeaten Flitwick on Saturday.