Reed Cricket Club out to replicate 2012 national cup achievements
- Credit: Archant
Reed Cricket Club will be looking to recreate their 2012 heroics after the draw was made for the 2015 Davidstow Village Cup, which begins in May.
The Royston-based club beat five-time finalists Woodhouse Grange by six wickets in the final three years ago.
The national competition, which sees the eventual two finalists from inter-regional competition playing at Lord’s, has handed Reed a bye into round two of the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire sector.
The first round ties will be played on Sunday, May 3, with the second round due to be played two weeks later on May 17.
Full first round draw: Shenley Village v Steppingley; Datchworth v Weston; Botany bay v Old Owens; Reed v Bye; Long Marston v Langleybury; St Margaretsbury v Preston; Elstow v Bye; Bourne End v Bye.
You may also want to watch:
Tournament schedule: Round 1 - Sunday, May 3
Round 2 - Sunday, May 17
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
Round 3 - Sunday, May 31
Regional Finals - Sunday, June 14
Round 5 - Sunday, June 28
Round 6 - Sunday, July 12
Quarter-finals - Sunday, July 26
Semi-finals - Sunday, August 9
Lord’s Final - Sunday, September 13.