Reed Cricket Club out to replicate 2012 national cup achievements
- Credit: Archant
Reed Cricket Club will be looking to recreate their 2012 heroics after the draw was made for the 2015 Davidstow Village Cup, which begins in May.
The Royston-based club beat five-time finalists Woodhouse Grange by six wickets in the final three years ago.
The national competition, which sees the eventual two finalists from inter-regional competition playing at Lord’s, has handed Reed a bye into round two of the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire sector.
The first round ties will be played on Sunday, May 3, with the second round due to be played two weeks later on May 17.
Full first round draw: Shenley Village v Steppingley; Datchworth v Weston; Botany bay v Old Owens; Reed v Bye; Long Marston v Langleybury; St Margaretsbury v Preston; Elstow v Bye; Bourne End v Bye.
You may also want to watch:
Tournament schedule: Round 1 - Sunday, May 3
Round 2 - Sunday, May 17
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
Round 3 - Sunday, May 31
Regional Finals - Sunday, June 14
Round 5 - Sunday, June 28
Round 6 - Sunday, July 12
Quarter-finals - Sunday, July 26
Semi-finals - Sunday, August 9
Lord’s Final - Sunday, September 13.